BBPL inaugurated with huge enthusiasm and fanfare
Published: 11:04 PM, 8 December 2019
The curtain of Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL), the special edition of BPL T20 to mark the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, was raised amid huge enthusiasm and much fanfare at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium here today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the grand opening ceremony around 6.50 pm wishing the success of the tournament.
This was notably the first programme to celebrate the 100th birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation for which the Government has taken various steps.
Both local and Bollywood stars ignited the Dhaka night to kick-start the 40-day long spectacle.
The tournament proper, with the participation of seven teams, will roll onto the ground from Wednesday at the home of cricket Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium.
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif were as the main attraction of the ceremony that lasted for almost five-hour.
The program was set in two parts with the local star singers in shape of James and others ruled the rooster in the first part while the second part was taken care by the entertainers like Sonu Nigam, Kailash Kher from Bollywood along with hugely popular Salman and Katrina.
Several giant LED screens were installed across the country including nine in and around the stage to host one of the biggest program of this era in Bangladesh.
This year’s BPL is dedicated to the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to celebrate his birth centenary.
The programme had a delayed start due to some formalities after which Moidul Islam Khan ‘dRockstar’ Shuvo performed in the stage as first artist in the programme anchored by Hasan Abid Jewel and Sangita Khan.
Reshim Mirza presented some of her numbers before rockstar James left the full house audience spellbound with his awestruck band songs from 90’s that reverted from generation to generation.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina then inaugurated the programme with utmost passion and fanfare, followed by an intriguing show of fireworks and laser beam show. She wished all the success of the tournament in her short speech on the eve on inaugurating the tournament.
The lights set in and off to create a magical environment, sending the audience to delirium.
At this stage the main attraction of the programme Bollywood superstar Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, popularly known as Goddess of beauty, met Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the BCB President Box, from where the premier was enjoying the programme gleefully. The two stars from neigbouring country exchanged pleasantries with the prime minister.
Indian start singer Sonu Nigam then rendered a song on Bangabandhu in Bangla before presenting some of his favourite numbers.
Another Indian artist Kailash Kher then further delighted the audience before the main attraction Katrina Kaif appeared in the stage.
Her move and dance further left the audience awestruck before Salman Khan, the hugely popular actor in both Bangladesh and India made his presence obvious with a string of strong performance.
Both Salman and Katrina then further turned up for some performance together to bring an end to the five hours long spectacle.
- Bone-shaking winter again!
- 7 devotees die at 2nd phase Ijtema
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 2nd Phase Akheri Munajat today
- President asks NDC graduates to uphold forces image
- Kathbirali releases in Switzerland
- Traditional horse race in Madhupur
- US military dispatches over 70 trucks to Syria
- Woman crushed under train in Gopalganj
- Farmers worried of Boro cultivation
- Students to bear computers instead of books
- 10 pairs of marriage arranged Saturday at Ijtema
- World`s shortest mand dies
- Bangladesh starts U-19s WC with win
- Wedelia can cure hair loss forever!
- 2 detained with yaba in Brahmanbaria
- Father killed 40 days innocent girl dropping into water
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- 7 snatcher detained in capital
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Child wounded by outsider’s pelting in running train
- Now Trump attacks Khamenei
- Unidentified man found dead in Kaliganj
- Siblings drowned in Barishal
- Soroj Mehedi becomes brand ambassador of TRIOGM
- Bangabandhu played politics for the country’s dev: Minister
- Recruitment in PHP
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Elderly woman killed in Trishal road crash
- 2 cousins drown in Rajshahi
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- DU expels 63 students for life
- 11 killed in US storm-flood