'Avengers' director says Evans' Cap days may not be over
Published: 11:13 AM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 11:13 AM, 30 November 2018
Chris Evans suggested his run as Captain America is done. The filmmakers currently controlling the Avengers' fates say he shouldn't shelve the shield just yet.
Evans tweeted last month that he had wrapped his shooting on the fourth "Avengers" movie, calling it an "emotional" day and saying, "Playing this role over the last eight years has been an honor."
Joseph Russo, who along with brother Anthony wrote and directed this year's "Avengers: Infinity War" and next year's sequel, and directed Evans as Captain America in two previous films, told The Associated Press "I think it was more emotional for him than us. Only because he's not done yet. And I don't want explain what that means but the audience will soon understand what I'm talking about."
Russo spoke to the AP recently in an interview promoting Simone, his new restaurant in downtown Los Angeles.
As expected, he only teased details of the forthcoming film, saying audiences can expect the unexpected from the duo that left Marvel fans gasping earlier this year in a cliffhanger that saw several beloved Avengers disintegrate into oblivion.
"We killed half the Marvel universe so for us it really is about, in what ways can we surprise the audience and tell a very challenging story," Russo said.
He would confirm that at least at this point the movie, which is in post-production, is the longest Marvel film ever.
"We're about halfway through the editorial process and it's standing about three hours right now. It's a very complicated movie," noted Russo. "It has a lot of characters in it and you know we are putting in the work, so we'll see where it ends up, but it definitely has a lot of story in it."
After back-to-back years with Avengers movies in 2018 and 2019, Russo said there is likely to be a break before the next one, with Disney finalizing a deal to acquire parts of 20th Century Fox, whose properties include the Marvel Comics characters the X-Men and Deadpool.
Russo said he doesn't have direct knowledge of the plans of the masters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but my guess would be that there be a little bit of time to integrate some of the other characters and take their time doing that."
"Avengers 4" is scheduled for release May 3, 2019.
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- Castor oil eliminate your acne problems
- Two kids drown in Jamalpur
- Delicious ‘Morog Khobani’ in this Puja
- Now police drive in Motijheel clubs
- AL identifies intruders
- `All must come forward against drug, sex-crime`
- DNCC launches eviction drive
- Minni in SC with father
- None will be allowed to run casino; says HM
- No lack of govt’s initiative on Rohingya repatriation
- 26 killed as bus rams into hill in Pakistan
- Saudi Arabia to avenge attacks on oil installations
- Gully Boy India’s entry for Oscars 2020
- Barca loses in its worst start in La Liga for 25 yrs
- BSMRSTU students protest continues for 4th day
- Kareena Kapoor kissed in birthday party
- Ferry services resume after 7 hours
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Aircraft hijacking suspect arrested after 34 years
- Shimulia-Kathalbari ferry services suspended
- Man drowns during underwater marriage proposal
- World Rivers Day today
- Man United, Liverpool to play today
- Rohingya married couple killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing