'Avengers' director says Evans' Cap days may not be over
Published: 11:13 AM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 11:13 AM, 30 November 2018
Chris Evans suggested his run as Captain America is done. The filmmakers currently controlling the Avengers' fates say he shouldn't shelve the shield just yet.
Evans tweeted last month that he had wrapped his shooting on the fourth "Avengers" movie, calling it an "emotional" day and saying, "Playing this role over the last eight years has been an honor."
Joseph Russo, who along with brother Anthony wrote and directed this year's "Avengers: Infinity War" and next year's sequel, and directed Evans as Captain America in two previous films, told The Associated Press "I think it was more emotional for him than us. Only because he's not done yet. And I don't want explain what that means but the audience will soon understand what I'm talking about."
Russo spoke to the AP recently in an interview promoting Simone, his new restaurant in downtown Los Angeles.
As expected, he only teased details of the forthcoming film, saying audiences can expect the unexpected from the duo that left Marvel fans gasping earlier this year in a cliffhanger that saw several beloved Avengers disintegrate into oblivion.
"We killed half the Marvel universe so for us it really is about, in what ways can we surprise the audience and tell a very challenging story," Russo said.
He would confirm that at least at this point the movie, which is in post-production, is the longest Marvel film ever.
"We're about halfway through the editorial process and it's standing about three hours right now. It's a very complicated movie," noted Russo. "It has a lot of characters in it and you know we are putting in the work, so we'll see where it ends up, but it definitely has a lot of story in it."
After back-to-back years with Avengers movies in 2018 and 2019, Russo said there is likely to be a break before the next one, with Disney finalizing a deal to acquire parts of 20th Century Fox, whose properties include the Marvel Comics characters the X-Men and Deadpool.
Russo said he doesn't have direct knowledge of the plans of the masters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but my guess would be that there be a little bit of time to integrate some of the other characters and take their time doing that."
"Avengers 4" is scheduled for release May 3, 2019.
- Bangladesh opt to bat
- Slaughtered body found in Kushtia
- Ways to prevent ‘Coronavirus’
- 34 US troops suffered traumatic brain injuries after Iran strike
- Michael Madhusudan’s 197th birthday today
- Facebook launches ‘Dark Mode’ on Android
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- DMP detained 43 in anti-narcotic drive
- Behind the Sin: Salman Muqtadir’s first book
- China coronavirus death toll rises to 41
- How ‘Coronavirus’ spreads
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Palestine face Burundi in final today
- 2 dead in warehouse explosion in US
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- Boris Johnson signs ‘Brexit’ withdrawal agreement
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- 2 detained on suspicion of JMB in Khulna
- Bangladesh faces Pakistan in 2nd T20 today
- Mother, son among 3 killed in Barguna road crash
- Powerful quake hits Turkey, kills 19
- 2 Iraqi protesters killed in Baghdad
- Coronavirus: Australia confirms first case
- Four poppy fields destroyed in Bandarban
- Sportsman of the year Ruman Sana, Cricketer Shakib
- Continuity of government made Bangladesh’s uplift visible: PM
- Jr Tigers becomes ‘C’ group champion
- Volleyball tournament in Sherpur on Mujib Year
- Trump to sign US-Mexico-Canada trade deal
- China shut down 13 cities as virus toll climbs
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!