Atiqul unveils election manifesto
Published: 01:51 PM, 26 January 2020 Updated: 01:52 PM, 26 January 2020
Awami League mayoral candidate for Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Atiqul Islam on Sunday declared election manifesto, giving priority to building a “modern, dynamic and healthy” Dhaka if he is reelected.
He spoke about his three-dimensional plan while unveiling the election manifesto at a press conference at the Lakeshore Hotel in the morning.
“My priority is not only to build a city for better living but also to work for developing the citizens’ lifestyle,” he said.
“I’ll make DNCC modern, dynamic, healthy if reelected,” Atiqul said, adding that he will utilize his experiences of the last nine months as DNCC mayor.
He promised to ensure the safety of the citizens, and ample grounds and parks for games and sports. “I want our next generation to grow up healthy,” he added.
Atiqul also promised that he will take effective steps to curb corruption in different sectors.
Substances that have been mentioned in the election manifesto
1. Keep Dhaka clean and occupation-free, reduce pollution, building a safe city, etc.
2. The second one is moveable Dhaka. This includes curbing traffic congestion, modern transportation, ensuring safe roads, the building of parking complexes in the city.
3. The third one is the modern Dhaka. It covers solving citizen problems through mobile apps, updating bazaars in the city, beauty enhancement, launching electric buses to prevent air pollution, building a smart city, ensuring accountability.
He was elected mayor of DNCC on February 28, 2019 by-polls on an Awami League ticket.
The post fell vacant after Annisul Huq passed away on November 30, 2017. The last mayoral election was held on April 28, 2015.
- Manikganj truck-private car collision left 5 injured
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- 2 robbers killed in Dinajpur gunfight
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- No more `nude` selfie on phone
- Coronavirus: Death toll mounts to 2120
- 19 dead in container-bus collision in Tamil Nadu
- 68 yrs of Language Movement
- Rapper Pop Smoke shot dead
- Coronavirus: Another hospital chief infected in China
- 8 dead in gunmen attacks in Germany
- World Day of Social Justice today
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Today’s sports on TV
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak today
- AL finalizes nomination for councilor posts in CCC polls
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Soumya to get married this month
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Good news to honey farmers
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Sundarbans Day today
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus