Aspirants throng EC offices as nomination submission ends today
Published: 12:35 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 12:35 PM, 28 November 2018
The aspirants have thronged the election commission offices across the country for submitting their nomination papers to contest the upcoming parliamentary elections as the deadline expires on Wednesday.
The aspirants from two major political parties, Awami League and BNP, and other parties have started to submit the nomination papers to the respective election commission offices.
The aspirants will have to submit their nomination papers by 5 pm to returning officers to run the 11th national election slated for December 30.
The nomination papers will be scrutinised on December 2 and the last date for withdrawal of candidature is December 9 as per the reschedule announced by the Election Commission.
Both the Grand Alliance and Jatiya Oikyafront have yet to come up with the formal announcement over their respective candidates for 300 constituencies across the country.
BNP, the largest partner of Jatiya Oikyafront, has initially picked more than one aspirants for each of many constituencies. The party is likely to pick its final candidates just before the expiry of the deadline for the withdrawal candidature.
On November 8, the EC first announced schedule for the general election fixing December 23 for balloting.
Amid demand from opposition political parties, the Commission on November 12 deferred the national election to December 30 from December 23.
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- RAB detained 4 robbers in Capital
- After 5 Tk’s food students getting toilet
- Conflict of authority hampers academic process
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- DU expels 63 students for life
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Mashrafe playing despite 14 stitches in hand
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- DNCC, DSCC polls: No motorcycle ply for 72 hrs