Aspirants throng EC offices as nomination submission ends today
Published: 12:35 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 12:35 PM, 28 November 2018
The aspirants have thronged the election commission offices across the country for submitting their nomination papers to contest the upcoming parliamentary elections as the deadline expires on Wednesday.
The aspirants from two major political parties, Awami League and BNP, and other parties have started to submit the nomination papers to the respective election commission offices.
The aspirants will have to submit their nomination papers by 5 pm to returning officers to run the 11th national election slated for December 30.
The nomination papers will be scrutinised on December 2 and the last date for withdrawal of candidature is December 9 as per the reschedule announced by the Election Commission.
Both the Grand Alliance and Jatiya Oikyafront have yet to come up with the formal announcement over their respective candidates for 300 constituencies across the country.
BNP, the largest partner of Jatiya Oikyafront, has initially picked more than one aspirants for each of many constituencies. The party is likely to pick its final candidates just before the expiry of the deadline for the withdrawal candidature.
On November 8, the EC first announced schedule for the general election fixing December 23 for balloting.
Amid demand from opposition political parties, the Commission on November 12 deferred the national election to December 30 from December 23.
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- Heatwave kills 40 in Bihar in a day
- Journos’ 9th wage-board declaration soon
- Temperature may rise by (1-2)° C
- Pakistan bowl against arch-rivals India
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Momen urges to expedite Teesta deal
- Jail prisoners get high-quality food in breakfast
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight with BGB
- Driver-helper killed as truck overturns
- Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- England wins beating Windies
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’