Asia’s most costly cricket stadium to be built in Bangladesh!
Published: 10:59 PM, 11 January 2020
Sheikh Hasina International Cricket Stadium
The most expensive cricket stadium of Asia costing $ 140 million is being developed in Bangladesh. The government has already allocated 37 acres of land for the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to build the boat-shaped stadium named Sheikh Hasina International Cricket Stadium in Purbachal.
The construction of the stadium started in 2018 is expected to finish by 2022.
Design of Sheikh Hasina International Cricket Stadium
The estimated cost to build the stadium is $ 140 million. After completion, Sheikh Hasina International Stadium Complex will be the second-largest stadium in Asia in terms of seat capacity and the most expensive cricket stadium. At first, the capacity will be about 50,000 spectators that will be increased to one lakh later.
Sheikh Hasina International Cricket Stadium- from a side
The stadium will contain a five-star hotel, swimming pool, gym, pavilion and media center with an estimated cost of tk 60 crore. The three-storeyed spectators’ seating area will be built at a cost of around tk 1100 crore as well as an Outer Stadium will also be constructed at a cost of tk 37 crore including a cricket academy there.
From above, the design of Sheikh Hasina International Cricket Stadium
The headquarters of Bangladesh Cricket Board will also be shifted there. At present, the largest stadium in the country is Bangabandhu National Stadium with a capacity of 36,000 spectators.
Australia's Melbourne Cricket Stadium is currently the world's largest cricket stadium with a capacity of one lakh spectators having 171 meters in length and 146 meters in width.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks