Asia’s Bengal Tigers begin with victory
Bangladesh win by 21 runs
Published: 11:39 PM, 2 June 2019 Updated: 10:06 AM, 3 June 2019
Bangladesh starts 12th ICC World Cup with victory beating South Africa by 21 runs. Tigers scored 330 runs while South Africa's innings end after scoring 309 runs to chase Bangladesh.
Bangladesh posts their highest score 330/6 in a 50-over World Cup and their highest score against South Africa in ODIs after being sent into bat. It was set up by Soumya at the top with a blistering 42. Then Shakib and Mushfiqur put together an outstanding 142-run stand before Mahmudullah and Mosaddek finished the job.
After winning the toss South Africa asked Bangladesh to bat first.
Openers, Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar added 60 runs in 8.2 overs.
Bangladesh lost the first wicket when Faf du Plessis called first change of bowler Andile Phehlukwayo. In his second delivery of the match, he removed Tamim Iqbal off a deadly bouncer.
Tamim tried to move the bat away but at the end, he managed an outside edge. Quinton de Kock took an easy catch behind the wicket.
For South Africa AL Phehlukwayo, CH Morris and Imran Tahir took 2 wickets each.
- 200 yrs old silver coins recovered from abandoned house
- Delhi clash: Death toll rises to 13
- Housewife committed suicide in Pirojpur
- Average life expectancy will be 80 by 2041
- Principal among 4 held for killing madrasa girl after rape
- $3 billion defense deal signed between US and India
- Deputy Health Minister of Iran contracts coronavirus
- Pranab, Bidhya Devi to address JS special session
- Realme launches ‘Made in Bangladesh’ phone
- `Maldives` experience should be utilized in tourism development`
- Pilkhana Tragedy: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 2 pharmacies fined Tk 50,000 in Brahmanbaria
- Women dies in police custody
- Fraud smugglers detained with fake gold
- Japan to give more $ 10.7 million to aid Rohingya
- ‘No shortage in coronavirus test kits’
- Foods to take after exercise to reduce weight
- 6 Indian SC judges infected with swine flu
- Yellow buds enhancing beauty in trees
- CSE gets new chairman
- 4 killed in Lakshmipur car-auto rickshaw collision
- BKMEA members to get loan $ 20 million
- Loan at 9pc interest from April 1
- How to know PEC and Ebtedayee scholarship result
- 5th BCL title for South Zone
- Youth stabbed for only Tk 300!
- ‘License to be required for broadcasting foreign serials’
- 20kg weed recovered in Habiganj
- 50 injured in clash over tk 5 fare
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- HSBC to cut 35,000 jobs
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test