Ashes 4th Test: Australia edge closer to draw
Published: 04:15 PM, 30 December 2017
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Defensive batting of Steve Smith and Mitchell Marsh lead Australia close to drawing in fourth Ashes test on Saturday`s final day.
The pair batted through the middle session adding just 47 runs to edge closer to a Test draw but holding only a 61-run lead.
At the tea break, Smith was advancing on his 23rd Test century on 87 in 361 minutes with Marsh not out 10 in Australia`s 225 for four.
Only a minimum of 37 over’s left to play as the Melbourne Test entered into the final session of the day.
After two painstaking hours of slow scoring, the English player grabbed the wickets of Warner and Marsh in the final half-hour to raise hopes of their first win in Ashes series.
To make his 22nd Test hundred and second century in the Test match Warner was an attempt to drag the second ball in Joe Root`s first over. The ball, pitched into the footmarks, slant into the air and James Vince took a comfortable catch in the covers which are the perfect gift for Root on his 27th birthday.
It also ended an innings of 107 runs for Smith, which helped Australia wipe out the innings in defalcation. More drama was come in the final over when Marsh fringed Stuart Broad to wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow, who took a splendid catch in last hour.
- Swastika Mukherjee in Bangladeshi movie
- BCB meets with Domingo-Shakib
- Scarlett Johansson: World`s most expensive actress
- JaPa to start nomination paper sale Sunday
- Teenage gang: A name of terror
- Woman kills sleeping husband
- Ten symptoms of uterus cancer
- Mosharraf Karim in Kolkata film!
- Saif hits ton but Bangladesh HP lost ODI series to SL
- Rahul Gandhi denied entry to Kashmir, sent back from airport
- Man in 3 different govt jobs at same time!
- People pay final tributes to Muzaffar Ahmed
- UAE woman seeks divorce for loving her too much!
- 3 including mother-son killed in Faridpur road crash
- 8 kills as bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing
- Road fill with holes!
- Sylhet Sixers’ payment dispute with BCB solved
- 185 killed in 135 road crash during Eid holidays
- Modi to receive ‘Order of Zayed’
- Sri Lanka 244 all out in 1st innings
- Pori Moni spreads warmth in dawn’s avatar
- Magura police explained ban on shaggy style haircutting
- SAFF U-15 Championship: Bangladesh take on SL
- 4 Bangladeshis killed in Medina road crash
- Two RAB ASPs promoted as Addl SP
- Dengue claims minor child in M’singh
- Baby alive though trains passed over!
- Bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing, kills 6
- Mim offers night call over phone
- Why is part of the Amazon burning?
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- PEC exam schedule published
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!