Arvind Kejriwal takes oath
Published: 08:46 PM, 16 February 2020
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal and his six ministers took oath at Ramlila Maidan, outside Delhi's iconic Red Fort, that was attended by a huge crowd. Kejriwal's key ministers -- Manish Sisodia, Satyendar Jain, Gopal Rai, Kailash Gehlot, Imran Hussain and Rajendra Gautam - will be part of his new cabinet.
The Leader has sworn in as the Delhi Chief Minister for the third time drawn at Ramlila Maidan at 10am local time on Sunday. The Aam Aadmi Party won 62 of the 70 seats in the elections.
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal read the oath to him.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, seven BJP MPs, and eight newly elected MLAs were invited to the oath-taking ceremony. However, Modi did not attend the event as he went to Varanasi to inaugurate multiple projects.
About 50 school teachers, doctors, top graders, auto drivers, toilets cleaners were present on the occasion. On the stage, these people are shown as the creators of Delhi along with Arvind Kejriwal and others. Earlier, advertising on the front page of the newspaper, Arvind Kejriwal himself urged the people of the city to attend the oath.
Dedicating his victory to the people, Mr Kejriwal, in his address, said, "Elections are over now. No matter who you voted for, you are part of my family. Party affiliations never stopped me from working for anyone". Delhi has re-elected Mr Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party with 62 seats - a near repeat of its 2015 tally of 67 seats -- at the end of one of the most polarising campaigns in the backdrop of the anti-CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act) protests.
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali Drama on Coronavirus issue
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19