Arrest warrant issued against OC Moazzem
Published: 02:52 PM, 27 May 2019 Updated: 06:28 PM, 27 May 2019
The court has issued an arrest warrant against Sonagazi former OC Moazzem Hossain in a case filed under Digital Security Act.
The case was filed against OC Moazzem on charges of taking a video of the interrogation of sexually assaulting victim Feni Sonagazi Madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi and spreading it to social media.
On Monday, chargesheet of a case filed by the Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) against Moazzem Hossain was submitted.
On the other hand, the plaintiff of the case, Supreme Court lawyer Barrister Syed Sayedul Haque Sumon applied for an arrest warrant against him. Later, Lawyer Aslam Jaglul Hossain, judge of Dhaka Cyber Tribunal issued the arrest warrant against the OC Moazzem.
During this, PBI Senior Assistant Police Superintendent Rima Sultana submitted the report at 12:15 pm. Shamim Ahmed, the tribunal’s presenter, took the report.
“A report of 123 pages has been submitted against Moazzem Hossain. Of these, the original report is 13 pages,” told Rima Sultana adding, “The remaining 110 pages are accessories description. In the report, the allegations made against OC Moazzem have proven,”
On April 15, Supreme Court lawyer Barrister Syed Sayedul Haque Suman filed a case against OC Moazzem Hossain- withdrawn from Sonagazi Police Station, for allegedly making objectionable questions and spreading the video after Sonargaiah Madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi complained.
After accepting the appeal, the cyber tribunal judge Aslam Jaglul Hossain has ordered PBI for conducting an investigation.
According to the allegations, the former Sonagazi OC summoned Nusrat as she filed a case against Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa principal Siraj Ud Doula.
The police officer started quizzing her about the incident and recorded the whole incident in the absence of any lawyer or female police. In the video, it was heard scolding her and asking Nusrat objectionable questions. Later, Moazzem posted the video on different social media sites.
At one stage, OC Moazzem Hossain also made a mockery of that victim. What OC Moazzem Hossain has done is a criminal offense punishable under the Digital Security Act 2018, according to the case details.
A case was filed against OC Moazzem Hossain under section 26, 29 and 31 of Digital Security Act. Along with this, the petitioner issued an arrest warrant against the accused.
A complaint was filed against principal Siraj Ud-Daula on charges of sexual assaulting madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi. Nusrat’s mother Shirin Akhter filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station on March 27. Then the police arrested the principal. After the incident, he is in jail.
On April 6, a group of masked youths, reported to be principal’s stooge, took Nusrat to the rooftop and set her on fire in their bid to kill her.
Five days later, on April 10, Nusrat died in the Burn Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Nusrat’s brother filed a case against Madarasa principal Siraj Ud-Daula in this incident.
- Coronavirus: China-returnee student admitted to hospital
- Facebook affected by Coronavirus!
- 25-km tail on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1765 in China
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 8 burnt in N’ganj gas-stove explosion
- Taiwan records its first coronavirus death as global toll passes
- Students must lead to build drug-free society: Menon
- Qatar keen to recruit skilled manpower from Bangladesh
- Central Zone sniffs victory with Shanto’s double century
- Singapore expatriate wife leaves home over coronavirus panic
- Meeting between Managing Directors of DSE, CSE
- ‘Basic Concept of Islamic Banking’ workshop held
- Bandits kill 30 in northwest Nigeria attack: police
- Coronavirus could damage global growth in 2020: IMF
- Interest rates reduced in Post Office saving schemes
- College-boy killed in Lalmonirhat road accident
- Russian solder proposes using 16 tanks
- 2 doctors killed in Tangail road crash
- Perfect weight according to height
- 2 motorcyclist killed in Sunamganj road crash
- How much salt needed to lose weight?
- Bkash agent killed in Jashore road crash
- Sharif joins housing and public works ministry
- Arvind Kejriwal takes oath
- 50,000 people suffer for lack of bridge
- Legal procedures to follow for Khaleda`s parole: Anisul
- Two killed in Tangail road accident
- Yasir hits career-best knock as North Zone takes lead
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- All News »
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- Soumya to get married this month
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Soumya with future wife
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Sundarbans Day today
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip