Arrest warrant issued against OC Moazzem
Published: 02:52 PM, 27 May 2019 Updated: 06:28 PM, 27 May 2019
The court has issued an arrest warrant against Sonagazi former OC Moazzem Hossain in a case filed under Digital Security Act.
The case was filed against OC Moazzem on charges of taking a video of the interrogation of sexually assaulting victim Feni Sonagazi Madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi and spreading it to social media.
On Monday, chargesheet of a case filed by the Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) against Moazzem Hossain was submitted.
On the other hand, the plaintiff of the case, Supreme Court lawyer Barrister Syed Sayedul Haque Sumon applied for an arrest warrant against him. Later, Lawyer Aslam Jaglul Hossain, judge of Dhaka Cyber Tribunal issued the arrest warrant against the OC Moazzem.
During this, PBI Senior Assistant Police Superintendent Rima Sultana submitted the report at 12:15 pm. Shamim Ahmed, the tribunal’s presenter, took the report.
“A report of 123 pages has been submitted against Moazzem Hossain. Of these, the original report is 13 pages,” told Rima Sultana adding, “The remaining 110 pages are accessories description. In the report, the allegations made against OC Moazzem have proven,”
On April 15, Supreme Court lawyer Barrister Syed Sayedul Haque Suman filed a case against OC Moazzem Hossain- withdrawn from Sonagazi Police Station, for allegedly making objectionable questions and spreading the video after Sonargaiah Madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi complained.
After accepting the appeal, the cyber tribunal judge Aslam Jaglul Hossain has ordered PBI for conducting an investigation.
According to the allegations, the former Sonagazi OC summoned Nusrat as she filed a case against Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa principal Siraj Ud Doula.
The police officer started quizzing her about the incident and recorded the whole incident in the absence of any lawyer or female police. In the video, it was heard scolding her and asking Nusrat objectionable questions. Later, Moazzem posted the video on different social media sites.
At one stage, OC Moazzem Hossain also made a mockery of that victim. What OC Moazzem Hossain has done is a criminal offense punishable under the Digital Security Act 2018, according to the case details.
A case was filed against OC Moazzem Hossain under section 26, 29 and 31 of Digital Security Act. Along with this, the petitioner issued an arrest warrant against the accused.
A complaint was filed against principal Siraj Ud-Daula on charges of sexual assaulting madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi. Nusrat’s mother Shirin Akhter filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station on March 27. Then the police arrested the principal. After the incident, he is in jail.
On April 6, a group of masked youths, reported to be principal’s stooge, took Nusrat to the rooftop and set her on fire in their bid to kill her.
Five days later, on April 10, Nusrat died in the Burn Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Nusrat’s brother filed a case against Madarasa principal Siraj Ud-Daula in this incident.
- Rain or thundershowers likely
- Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix get engaged
- Man accused in 18 cases killed in Bakshiganj gunfight
- DU gates locked for 2nd day
- Priya Saha to be interrogated after her return: Quader
- Father stabbed dead allegedly by son
- Taxicab, which falls into Turag, not traced even after 11 hrs
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Today’s sports on TV
- Lightning strikes kill 32 in Uttar Pradesh
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Minni on 5-day remand
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes