Army Chief hoists flag of five units
Published: 09:21 PM, 22 April 2018
Chief of Army Staff speaks at the inauguration the activities of 64 East Bengal Sylhet region by hoisting the Regiment flag
Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Haque hoisted the flag of 5 units of 17 infantry divisions in Sylhet Cantonment.
On Sunday, through the hoisting of units, the newly formed Sylhet Cantonment was one step ahead to establish the full cantonment.
Five units - 64 East Bengal, 40 Bangladesh Infantry Regiment, 155 Field Workshops, 125 Brigade Signals and 17 Independent Amenities Platoon (IAP).
Chief of Army Staff inaugurated the activities of 64 East Bengal Sylhet region by hoisting the Regiment flag.
Later on, the flag of 40 Bangladesh Infantry Regiment hoisted by GOC of 17 Infantry Division and Sylhet Area Commander General SM Shamim Uz Zaman. 155 Field Workshop Company`s flag was hoisted by The Directorate General of Passports Major General Md. Masud Rezwan, 125 Brigade Signal Company`s flag hoisted by Major General Sheikh Mamun Khaled and Commandant of 17 Independent Ambulance Platoon`s (IAP) flag hoisted by Chief General of Ordnance (MGO) Major General Md. Abu Sayeed Siddique.
Earlier, the army chief arrived at the ceremony and the GOC and the Sylhet Area Commander of 17 Infantry Division received him. Later, A team of Army showed a parade and saluted the army chief which is led by Parade Commander Major Tamzid.
Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Mohammad Shafiul Haque said in his speech that after being confident of the spirit of the War of Liberation, being developed as a good-chain, skilled and capable army member, he also urged to be ready for the highest sacrifice for the protection of the country`s great independence.
The army chief expressed hope that the members of the Armed Forces will perform their duties after maintaining trust, mutual faith, sympathy, fraternity and discipline towards the senior leadership.
Through the journey of five newly formed units of 17 infantry divisions of Bangladesh Army `Development Vision Forces Goal-2030`; another milestone was added for the implementation.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties