Army Chief hoists flag of five units
Published: 09:21 PM, 22 April 2018
Chief of Army Staff speaks at the inauguration the activities of 64 East Bengal Sylhet region by hoisting the Regiment flag
Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Haque hoisted the flag of 5 units of 17 infantry divisions in Sylhet Cantonment.
On Sunday, through the hoisting of units, the newly formed Sylhet Cantonment was one step ahead to establish the full cantonment.
Five units - 64 East Bengal, 40 Bangladesh Infantry Regiment, 155 Field Workshops, 125 Brigade Signals and 17 Independent Amenities Platoon (IAP).
Chief of Army Staff inaugurated the activities of 64 East Bengal Sylhet region by hoisting the Regiment flag.
Later on, the flag of 40 Bangladesh Infantry Regiment hoisted by GOC of 17 Infantry Division and Sylhet Area Commander General SM Shamim Uz Zaman. 155 Field Workshop Company`s flag was hoisted by The Directorate General of Passports Major General Md. Masud Rezwan, 125 Brigade Signal Company`s flag hoisted by Major General Sheikh Mamun Khaled and Commandant of 17 Independent Ambulance Platoon`s (IAP) flag hoisted by Chief General of Ordnance (MGO) Major General Md. Abu Sayeed Siddique.
Earlier, the army chief arrived at the ceremony and the GOC and the Sylhet Area Commander of 17 Infantry Division received him. Later, A team of Army showed a parade and saluted the army chief which is led by Parade Commander Major Tamzid.
Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Mohammad Shafiul Haque said in his speech that after being confident of the spirit of the War of Liberation, being developed as a good-chain, skilled and capable army member, he also urged to be ready for the highest sacrifice for the protection of the country`s great independence.
The army chief expressed hope that the members of the Armed Forces will perform their duties after maintaining trust, mutual faith, sympathy, fraternity and discipline towards the senior leadership.
Through the journey of five newly formed units of 17 infantry divisions of Bangladesh Army `Development Vision Forces Goal-2030`; another milestone was added for the implementation.
- Cover of commemorative book “Hridoy Majhe Sheikh Russel” unveiled
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- MBBS admission test today
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- Bangladesh face Qatar in FIFA WC Qualifying