Army Chief hoists flag of five units
Published: 09:21 PM, 22 April 2018
Chief of Army Staff speaks at the inauguration the activities of 64 East Bengal Sylhet region by hoisting the Regiment flag
Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Haque hoisted the flag of 5 units of 17 infantry divisions in Sylhet Cantonment.
On Sunday, through the hoisting of units, the newly formed Sylhet Cantonment was one step ahead to establish the full cantonment.
Five units - 64 East Bengal, 40 Bangladesh Infantry Regiment, 155 Field Workshops, 125 Brigade Signals and 17 Independent Amenities Platoon (IAP).
Chief of Army Staff inaugurated the activities of 64 East Bengal Sylhet region by hoisting the Regiment flag.
Later on, the flag of 40 Bangladesh Infantry Regiment hoisted by GOC of 17 Infantry Division and Sylhet Area Commander General SM Shamim Uz Zaman. 155 Field Workshop Company`s flag was hoisted by The Directorate General of Passports Major General Md. Masud Rezwan, 125 Brigade Signal Company`s flag hoisted by Major General Sheikh Mamun Khaled and Commandant of 17 Independent Ambulance Platoon`s (IAP) flag hoisted by Chief General of Ordnance (MGO) Major General Md. Abu Sayeed Siddique.
Earlier, the army chief arrived at the ceremony and the GOC and the Sylhet Area Commander of 17 Infantry Division received him. Later, A team of Army showed a parade and saluted the army chief which is led by Parade Commander Major Tamzid.
Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Mohammad Shafiul Haque said in his speech that after being confident of the spirit of the War of Liberation, being developed as a good-chain, skilled and capable army member, he also urged to be ready for the highest sacrifice for the protection of the country`s great independence.
The army chief expressed hope that the members of the Armed Forces will perform their duties after maintaining trust, mutual faith, sympathy, fraternity and discipline towards the senior leadership.
Through the journey of five newly formed units of 17 infantry divisions of Bangladesh Army `Development Vision Forces Goal-2030`; another milestone was added for the implementation.
- No wage cut for cricketers, BCB to pay full salaries
- Vaccine for COVID-19 tested in mice
- Bancharampur govt officer tested negative for coronavirus
- 2500 Bangladeshis stuck in India will return after lockdown
- UNO appears with foods after tokai’s phone
- Hanging body recovered of a boy in Habiganj
- Maleque for action against shut clinics
- Comedian Eddie Large dies after contracting COVID-19
- Bangladesh will be Asia’s highest economic growth nation: ADB
- Adequate foodstuffs reserved in the country: Quader
- Alamgir’s 70th birthday today
- Rakib’s horrific deposition of killing wife-children like Hindi drama
- Cricketer Salma distributes food of whole week to 60 families
- Woman gives birth newborn in ‘autorickshaw’
- Little Messi’s amazing video
- Magura patient dies in isolation
- US nurses protest over corona protective scarcity
- BCB announces monetary support for employees
- DMP spraying germicide to curb coronavirus
- 1 killed as truck overturned into ditch
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Corona test begins in Barishal tomorrow
- Coronavirus could be under control by late April
- Coronavirus: 150 bodies recovered from streets in Ecuador
- Five new signs of coronavirus infection found!
- Rain likely at many places
- No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Over 1 million people infected with coronavirus
- National Film Day today
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- I’m sorry, some people will die: Brazil’s President
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail