Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
Published: 11:40 AM, 26 November 2019 Updated: 12:12 PM, 26 November 2019
Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, chairman of NBR and Senior Secretary of the Internal Resources Division, inaugurated ‘Armed Forces Income Tax Fair 2019’ at Senakunja in Dhaka Cantonment; Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A two-day ‘Armed Forces Income Tax Fair 2019’ began on Tuesday at Senakunja in Dhaka Cantonment aiming to build a better tax revenue culture.
In the inauguration of the income tax fair under the joint management of the Armed Forces Division and Tax Zone-9 Dhaka, Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, chairman of NBR and Senior Secretary of the Internal Resources Division, was present as the chief guest.
Rear Admiral M Lokmanur Rahman, Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Logistics) was present as a special guest.
Md. Mahmudur Rahman, tax commissioner of Tax Zone-9 Dhaka presided over the function.
The payment of income tax has special significance. At present, non-commissioned officers also get good wages, said Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan urging the authorities to encourage them to pay income tax as well.
This fair is for the members of the Armed Forces to pay taxes without hassle, he also said.
Expressing opinion, the NBR chairman said, “The tax-GDP ratio should be increased for the development of the country.”
“Paying taxes is easy now. People understand the need to pay taxes. The people of the country are now aware. In this continuation, the Armed Forces Income Tax Fair is being held,” said Lokmanur Rahman thanking the Armed Forces Division and the NBR to organize such event.
- Launch social revolution against drug abuse: President
- England earn series victory in South Africa
- UK for joint partnership with Bangladesh to combat climate issues
- Hong Kong rioters set fire on coronavirus affected house
- “Govt plans to set up public university in each district”
- BNP hatching conspiracy to foil polls: HT Imam
- One detained with weapons in Keraniganj
- Woman detained with weed in Brahmanbaria
- Iranian aircraft carrying 136 people slides onto highway (with video)
- Japanese drink swallow belly fat
- BCSIR Science Fair begins in Rajshahi
- Elias, best DC of Chattogram
- West Bengal Assembly passes resolution against CAA
- PM orders steps to return stranded Bangladeshis from China
- Carrying legitimate arms banned
- Badminton Federation isn`t refunding money to junior players
- Fire burns residence in Gazipur
- Hubei suspends passport application to curb coronavirus outbreak
- Magnitude 4.1 quake jolts in Sylhet-Sunamganj
- Sajjadul Hasan named chairman of Biman
- Bride commits suicide for disliking husband
- 11 organizations acquired ISO certificates
- DB detained drug dealer in Barhisal
- Beehives in UP building, funding for winter clothes
- DITF duration extended
- 65 platoons BGB to be deployed for city polls
- Get rid of dandruff forever!
- Awami League Secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Easy way to be fat
- Child killed in Meherpur road crash
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!