Argentina to train up Bangladeshi footballers
Published: 08:17 PM, 22 March 2019 Updated: 08:21 PM, 22 March 2019
Argentina is willing to provide assistance to arranging training sessions for Bangladeshi footballers there.
Argentine Minister for Foreign Affairs and Worship Jorge Marcelo Faurie came up with the assurance at a meeting with his Bangladesh counterpart Dr AK Abdul Momen in Buenos Aires yesterday.
When Momen sought Argentina’s support in training up Bangladeshi footballers, Faurie assured him of providing support to arranging training sessions for them in Argentina.
Momen met his Argentine counterpart on the sidelines of the BAPA+40, the Second High-level United Nations Conference on South-South Cooperation, held in Buenos Aires, according to a press release of the Bangladesh Permanent Mission to the United Nations received here today.
During the meeting, they recalled the contribution of Argentine writer and ‘Friends of Liberation War Honour’ award winner Victoria Ocampo to the Bangladesh’s Liberation War in 1971.
They discussed the long-pending Rohingya issue, stressing the need for creating congenial atmosphere in Myanmar for the voluntary return of forcibly displaced Rohingya people.
The two ministers underscored the importance of enhancing trade and investment cooperation between the countries.
Momen said Bangladesh wants to open an honorary consulate in Argentina and appoint an honorary consul there.
The Argentine foreign minister assured him of providing all-out support in this regard.
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- `There is a chance to joint invest in Bangladesh`
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- Sachin picks Shakib in his World Cup XI
- Zimbabwe inflation rate soars to 175%
- Train crash kills 9 with new weds
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- HC recommends punishment against 50 including Masud
- Zuma denies being `king of corrupt people`
- Nusrat murder: HC orders probe against ADM Enamul
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Fired DIG Mizan questioning at prison gate
- Primary students dropout rate decreased
- Jaffer, Ramanayeke as Tigers batting, bowling coach in SL tour
- Will be apologising to Williamson `For the rest of my life`
- Eid-ul-Azha advanced train ticket from Jul 29
- Partial lunar eclipse Wednesday
- New wave of cybercrime in Pakistan
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Non-government employees, slum dwellers to get flat: PM
- Temperature may rise over country
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes
- South Korean PM Lee leaves Dhaka
- Shah Rukh Khan to produce horror series for Netflix
- Russia`s Real Reasons for Partnering with Iran
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Ershad’s 2nd namaz-e-janaza held
- Pickup van hits covered van in Gazipur, kills 3
- Over 1,000 Google Play Store apps hiding a nasty secret
- Queen salutes England after World Cup glory
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- MP Firoz Rashid’s daughter-in-law Merina shot
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Saima rape, murder: Prime accused confesses to crime
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- China assures to work to resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- CU gets its first woman proctor
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped