App launches to prevent dengue
Published: 08:45 PM, 17 August 2019
The 'Stop Dengue' mobile app has been launched to help prevent dengue. Using this app the automatic identification of breeding place of Aedes mosquito and to take measure will be possible. The app has launched on Saturday morning in a program titled ‘Clean Bangladesh’ at National Scout Building in capital's Kakrail.
The app has launched by signing an MoU among nine organizations including three ministries, two city corporations of Dhaka and a2i (Access to Information). Under the overall supervision of the e-CAB; E-post and BD-Youth provided the technical supports to make this app.
“By using the ‘Stop Dengue’ app, anyone can identify the breeding place of mosquito anywhere of the country,” said Mohammad Abdul Wahed Tomal, General Secretary of e-CAB, regarding the use and functionality of the app.
This will create a mapping of mosquito breeding places everywhere in the country. Through this City Corporation and the local government can easily determine how many people should be recruited in a certain area compared with the density of mosquito breeding area.
“By the app, it will also be known- the required amount of medicine to prevent mosquito. Besides we can be alerts and take necessary steps for the future based on the previous year,” he said.
During this, Mayor of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Atiqul Islam said, “A team of ten members will be formed in every ward to prevent dengue. Continuous raids will be enforced to prevent dengue.”
Minister of Local Government And Rural Development Md Tazul Islam was present as the chief guest. Dhaka North City Corporation Mayor Atiqul Islam, Disaster Management and Relief Minister Dr. Enamur Rahman, Commissioner of Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) and Chief National Commissioner of Bangladesh Scouts Dr. Md Mozammel Haque Khan were present as the special guest in the program.
- Aloe Vera for bright hair
- 8 projects including cancer centres in each division approved
- Iran supreme leader rules out negotiations with US
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Dhaka-Mymensingh train service resumes
- Shahid Kapoor’s 2nd marriage!
- Nirmal Purja set for final push in record 14-peak bid
- Traditional silk sector starts getting back lost glory
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Two brothers die from snakebite while sleeping
- NGO worker killed in Panchagarh road crash
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Gazipur
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to spread wings today
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- White House: A monstrous residence
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian