Anwara wants recognition of freedom fighter
Published: 04:52 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 04:52 PM, 29 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
No money or assistance, but war veteran Anwara Begum wants to get state recognition of freedom fighter before death.
Being a woman, The warrior, took away the victory battle with a direct participation in some head-on wars in the great freedom fighter. At the end of her lifetime, she becomes tired by going door to door for the state recognition for her contributions.
Anwara is passing the miserable time with her sick husband in a rented house at Mahesharpasa of Khulna. To save herself and her husband lived, she is selling vegetables in the Munshipara Market which she usually collects from different canals or bills.
Anwara Begum was born on January 1, 1952, in Kamta village of Fakirhat Upazila of Bagerhat. She actively participated in the liberation war being excited by the call of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
She underwent training at the Manasa zamindar house and ballotuk primary school in Fakirhat under local sub-sector 6 of the local freedom fighters. She earned special skills in running Rifle-11, Stengan-28 and Kata Rifle-4 in training. At the end of the training, she took part in the freedom fight and achieved victory with the command of Fakirhat commander Manas Ghosh on 8th and 9th of April in Gatbuga and Mansa Kheyaghat area.
Anowara said with tears, colleagues also asked me for money for the work of freedom fighters certificate. But where can I get money? I also gave the certificate for the liberation war I had won so many fellow freedom fighters.
Anowara wants to see the final recognition of freedom fighters before her death from Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. By showing some documentary proof she said that where I went, I asked for money.
No-6 Nalda Maubhog UP's Freedom Fighter Parliamentary Commander Akbar Ali Molla said that even after 47 years of independence, Anwara Begum did not yet get the recognition of a freedom fighter. But she took part in armed wars in Mansa Kheyaghat area under the leadership of Fakirhat commander Manas Ghosh. I witness that, I requested the Ministry of Freedom Fighters to give all facilities to the government including recognition of Anwara Begum's freedom fighter.
- U-19 CWC: Japan faces India today
- Drug trader killed in Khilkhet gunfight
- 3 consecutive rocket attack near US Embassy
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU