Anwara wants recognition of freedom fighter
Published: 04:52 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 04:52 PM, 29 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
No money or assistance, but war veteran Anwara Begum wants to get state recognition of freedom fighter before death.
Being a woman, The warrior, took away the victory battle with a direct participation in some head-on wars in the great freedom fighter. At the end of her lifetime, she becomes tired by going door to door for the state recognition for her contributions.
Anwara is passing the miserable time with her sick husband in a rented house at Mahesharpasa of Khulna. To save herself and her husband lived, she is selling vegetables in the Munshipara Market which she usually collects from different canals or bills.
Anwara Begum was born on January 1, 1952, in Kamta village of Fakirhat Upazila of Bagerhat. She actively participated in the liberation war being excited by the call of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
She underwent training at the Manasa zamindar house and ballotuk primary school in Fakirhat under local sub-sector 6 of the local freedom fighters. She earned special skills in running Rifle-11, Stengan-28 and Kata Rifle-4 in training. At the end of the training, she took part in the freedom fight and achieved victory with the command of Fakirhat commander Manas Ghosh on 8th and 9th of April in Gatbuga and Mansa Kheyaghat area.
Anowara said with tears, colleagues also asked me for money for the work of freedom fighters certificate. But where can I get money? I also gave the certificate for the liberation war I had won so many fellow freedom fighters.
Anowara wants to see the final recognition of freedom fighters before her death from Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. By showing some documentary proof she said that where I went, I asked for money.
No-6 Nalda Maubhog UP's Freedom Fighter Parliamentary Commander Akbar Ali Molla said that even after 47 years of independence, Anwara Begum did not yet get the recognition of a freedom fighter. But she took part in armed wars in Mansa Kheyaghat area under the leadership of Fakirhat commander Manas Ghosh. I witness that, I requested the Ministry of Freedom Fighters to give all facilities to the government including recognition of Anwara Begum's freedom fighter.
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon