Another hit of Gully Boy!
‘Gully Boy Part-2’ gets viral so fast
Published: 05:43 PM, 19 July 2019 Updated: 05:43 PM, 19 July 2019
Dhakaiya Gully Boy Rana lives in Road No 8 of Kamrangirchar in Dhaka. Dhaka University’s student Mahmud Hasan Tabib wrote a song on Rana’s life, which was sung by Rana. Now, the pair comes up with their second song ‘Gully Boy Part-2’.
After releasing the music video, the audience got curious to watch the video. Within a day, it crossed 1 million views.
The lyrics and music of ‘Gully Boy Part-2’ has done by Mahmud Hasan Tabib. He also directed the music video and released this from his own YouTube channel named Mahmud Tabib.
Identity of Rana in DU campus
Rana- like other street children- aimlessly roaming around the Dhaka University campus. He lives in capital’s Kamrangirchar and collects Tk 2-5 by singing rap songs in the campus area. This was the identity of Rana.
On May-June following this year, Rana got introduced with DU student Tabib. In the meantime, Ranveer Singh’s ‘Gully Boy’ was released in Bollywood at that time. Later, it was like Tabib got Ranveer Singh in real life. Then he started his journey with Rana. Next story is almost known to everyone.
Who is Rana?
Rana, youngest among his four siblings. But his life is still surrounded by dark reality. His mother Sitara Begum works as a maidservant in other houses. As Rana is now a popular face, many people wish to take a selfie as seeing him on the street.
Regarding his son’s popularity, his mother said, “When anybody wishes to take a photo with him, I feel so happy. But due to lack of money, I can’t admit my son to school.”
When asked Rana about his wishes, he said he wants to give vocal on his own written songs. He also wants to go to school. Not only these. After finishing school and college, he wants to admit to Dhaka University.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future