Amar Ekushey Boimela ends
Published: 08:47 PM, 2 March 2019
The Amar Ekushey Boimela-2019, an event closest to the hearts of the book lovers, ended today, after finishing its extended period of two days.
A total of 4,834 books have hit the fair till the last day, including 63 that released today.
Books worth Tk 80 crore have been sold throughout the fair, which has already surpassed the previous record of Tk 70.5 crore.
This year, the theme was ‘Victory, from 1952 to 1971’.
A total of 770 unit stalls of 719 publications were there at the fair. Covers of a total of 824 books were unraveled in the fair held at the Suhrawardi Udyan ‘Mulmancha’.
There were 24 pavilions of Bangla Academy in the book fair this year, and the academy sold books worth Tk 2.34 crore.
More than 12,000 members of different security forces maintained the security of the fair.
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- Farmer killed by cousin
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- Businessman slaughtered in Netrokona, another missing
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- Haaland named UCL ‘Player of the Week’
- Corone strikes Middle East, death toll surges
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- BUET avoids combined admission test