‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
Published: 07:21 PM, 19 July 2019
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal said that everyone will have to come forward to destroy the origin of the Aedes mosquitoes.
“Everyone’s awareness can control the dengue and chikungunya carrying Aedes mosquitoes,” he said while addressing at an awareness rally on ‘Destroy the origin of Aedes mosquitoes and stay away from dengue and chikungunya’ at capital’s Manik Mia Avenue on Friday.
“The drive will be carried out until the control of dengue and chikungunya carrier Aedes mosquitoes. This is a kind of battle for us. Everything is done to prevent dengue and chikungunya,” he said adding, “It is possible to win the war if you stop the origin of the Aedes mosquito,”
Meanwhile, Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Mayor Atiqul Islam, organizer of the rally, has announced the cancelation of all the leaves and holidays for all of its officials and employees of Waste Management Department and Mosquito Control Department to accelerate the dengue control program.
To the Dhaka residents, the mayor said, “Aedes mosquitoes are not born in the sewer. They are born at home, born in sub-murged water. It is called domesticated mosquito. So all have to come forward to prevent it. So that water cannot accumulate and Aedes mosquitoes cannot be born.”
He said that the DNCC pharmaceutical workers and supervisors are regularly working to control the mosquito. “The name and mobile number of mosquito netting staff, supervisor and monitoring officer of each area are given on the website of the DNCC. Anyone can call them over phone. The accountability will also be brought under,” he added.
The rally was also attended by other cultural personalities, including councilors, activists, film, television, sports in the DNCC area.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future