All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
Published: 04:56 PM, 23 March 2020 Updated: 07:40 PM, 23 March 2020
The government today declared holidays from March 26 to April 4 as part of aiming to prevent the transmission of deadly coronavirus. Private organizations will also be closed at this time.
Cabinet secretary Khandker Anwarul Islam announced the decision from a meeting at the secretariat this afternoon.
Anwarul Islam said, "Due to the outbreak of coronavirus, the Prime Minister has given us some instructions, according to which, with the public holidays on March 26, 27th and 28th March have been added as the weekly holidays and then from 29th March to 2nd April is announced general holidays.” And he 3rd and 4th April is added as the weekly holidays.
At this time all establishments will be closed except markets-shops of raw materials, pharmaceuticals, food stores and regular necessities. All kinds of political, social and religious events will be closed. Instructions have also been given to pray at home without going to the mosque.
During this period, public transport has been limited but has been said to be avoided. All public transport drivers and assistants should take necessary precautions including masks.
The government has directed every district administrator to provide food and financial assistance to the poorest people in the district. The Prime Minister has directed the Bangladesh Medical Association to submit a list of 500 doctors.
Asked about whether the garment factory would be open during the normal holidays, the Cabinet Secretary said the companies would decide on garments themselves.
However, Bangladesh Bank will provide necessary instructions on opening the bank in limited form, he said.
- La Liga season would have ended if Real Madrid were top!
- World records 116,000 coronavirus cases in one day
- Rain likely to continue for 3 more days
- 27 more infected with COVID-19 in Barishal division
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers today
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead