All eyes on Dec 26 ‘Ring of Fire’ in sky
Published: 11:48 AM, 25 December 2019 Updated: 12:48 PM, 25 December 2019
The earth people look forward to seeing the rare Solar eclipse on December 26 as it was seen 172 years ago. During this, there will be a ring of fire around the sun — what the scientists called ‘Ring of Fire’.
Thousands of people from different countries including Bangladesh, India, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Philippines, Australia, will witness the last solar eclipse of the decade.
Though This solar eclipse is not a total eclipse, it is an ‘Annular Solar Eclipse’. This ‘Annular Solar Eclipse’ is also called ‘Ring of Fire’.
When a portion of the Earth is engulfed in a shadow cast by the Moon which fully or partially blocks sunlight — this occurs the Sun, Moon and Earth are aligned — that is called Solar Eclipse. Although the moon is a little farther away from the earth, the shadow of the moon will fall on the earth. This will make the sun look like a ring.
This rare ‘Annular Solar Eclipse’ can be even seen from Bangladesh. The solar eclipse will begin at 9:01:16 am. The total solar eclipse will take place at 10:28:09 am. At that time, most part of the Sun will cover by the Moon - the sun will look like a ‘Ring of Fire’. The solar eclipse will last for 12:08:25 pm.
The ‘Annular Solar Eclipse’ will start at 8:27 am Indian time. The total eclipse will see at 9:53 am and continue till 11:32 am. The adoption will last for 3.8 hours.
The Ring of Fire Solar Eclipse will be seen in most of the districts of West Bengal including Kolkata. However, the sky is likely to be cloudy that day. So meteorologists are skeptical about how much of this eclipse can be seen.
The best way to see the eclipse from Rameswaram in Southern India. This will be seen well in India from Mangalore, Tiruchirappalli, Wayanad, Kozhikode, Ooty and other places. The last solar eclipse of this decade will also see from Jaffna in Sri Lanka, Singapore.
According to space scientists, the cosmos will last for 2.5 to 3 hours. The moon will cover more than 90 percent of the sun, which can be viewed by the naked eye.
- Child killed in Netrokona road crash
- Youth dies crushed under train in capital
- 4 businesses fined in Akhaura
- Know the exact time of meditation
- Beware of 10 mistakes while using mobile phone
- 54 held in anti-narcotic drives
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- BNP calls parliamentary board meeting
- Zambian Army commander meets Bangladesh Army Chief
- ‘I saw my baby boy burnt during gang rape’
- 2 held over rape of schoolgirl in Bhola
- Korea to give coronavirus detecting machine to Bangladesh
- ICC unveil Women`s T20 World Cup trophy
- Journey of ‘Adventure of Sundarban’ from March
- Youth killed over bike collision with tree
- Coronavirus: Father hides son
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Smoking in the office, use contractors’ cars!
- Youth lynched in Bagerhat
- Biker killed on way to relative’s funeral
- Barapukuria Coal Mine graft case: Hearing on Mar 29
- 3 members of Rohingya trafficking gang held
- ‘Digital’ irregularities in digital machine
- Whomever you voted, I am Chief Minister of all: Kejriwal
- Absconding murder accused arrested after 29 yrs
- US not to take back its 40 corona affected nationals
- Housewife commits suicide over family dispute
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- All News »
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Soumya to get married this month
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Soumya with future wife
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Sundarbans Day today