All banks in capital to be closed tomorrow
Published: 12:55 PM, 27 February 2019 Updated: 12:56 PM, 27 February 2019
The banking activities will be closed on Thursday in two city corporation areas of Dhaka.
The decision has been taken for the fair environment of the by-polls of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Mayor post and general polls for the councilor post in the extended ward of Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC).
However, the banks in the concerned area are also closed for the polls and Union Parishad polls those out of Dhaka. But outside of these, Bangladesh Bank and commercial banks will be opened in all areas.
On this day the head office of Bangladesh Bank, Motijheel and Sadarghat offices, Bangladesh Bank Training Academy will be closed. Among the 58 banks operating in the country, the head office of all the banks except Rajshahi Krishi Unnayan Bank that is located in Dhaka will also be closed.
Besides, the banks that are situated in the Barguna’s Amtoli, Kaliganj and Patuakhali municipalities of Jhenaidah will be closed.
Outside of these, the bank branch of three unions of Biral of Dinajpur, two from Chattogram’s Fatikchhari, two from Mymensingh’s Nandail, Faridpur’s Chandpur and Madhukhali’s Nawapara, Kachikata of Bhedarganj in Shariatpur, Gulimpur Union Parishad area of Barura of Cumilla will also be closed.
Although Bangladesh Bank and the head office of the banks will be closed, the Bangladesh Bank's Chattogram, Khulna, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Barishal, Rangpur, Bogura and Mymensingh offices will be opened.
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020