All banks in capital to be closed tomorrow
Published: 12:55 PM, 27 February 2019 Updated: 12:56 PM, 27 February 2019
The banking activities will be closed on Thursday in two city corporation areas of Dhaka.
The decision has been taken for the fair environment of the by-polls of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Mayor post and general polls for the councilor post in the extended ward of Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC).
However, the banks in the concerned area are also closed for the polls and Union Parishad polls those out of Dhaka. But outside of these, Bangladesh Bank and commercial banks will be opened in all areas.
On this day the head office of Bangladesh Bank, Motijheel and Sadarghat offices, Bangladesh Bank Training Academy will be closed. Among the 58 banks operating in the country, the head office of all the banks except Rajshahi Krishi Unnayan Bank that is located in Dhaka will also be closed.
Besides, the banks that are situated in the Barguna’s Amtoli, Kaliganj and Patuakhali municipalities of Jhenaidah will be closed.
Outside of these, the bank branch of three unions of Biral of Dinajpur, two from Chattogram’s Fatikchhari, two from Mymensingh’s Nandail, Faridpur’s Chandpur and Madhukhali’s Nawapara, Kachikata of Bhedarganj in Shariatpur, Gulimpur Union Parishad area of Barura of Cumilla will also be closed.
Although Bangladesh Bank and the head office of the banks will be closed, the Bangladesh Bank's Chattogram, Khulna, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Barishal, Rangpur, Bogura and Mymensingh offices will be opened.
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday