Alive baby girl found inside grave!
Published: 11:16 PM, 14 October 2019 Updated: 11:17 PM, 14 October 2019
A newborn baby girl has been discovered buried alive in a cemetery in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh in India while a family digging grave for their stillborn baby girl.
The baby was found by a villager who was burying his own daughter, who had died minutes after birth. She was found 3ft (90cm) below the ground and taken to the hospital immediately. She'd been wrapped in cloth and placed inside a clay pot.
Doctors said the girl was born prematurely and had probably been buried for two days before being unearthed by the gravediggers. She weighed just 1.1 kilograms and was being treated for a lung infection at a local hospital.
Hitesh Kumar, the father of the stillborn baby, said he was shocked to hear a baby's cry as the grave for his own baby daughter was being dug.
"At one point, I thought that my daughter had come alive," Mr. Kumar said.
"But the voice was actually coming from the pot. When the pot was opened, a baby girl was inside."
Police have launched an investigation into the incident.
Superintendent of Police (City) Abhinandan Singh said, "We are trying to find the parents of the baby and we suspect that this must have happened with their consent.”
A local politician, Rajesh Kumar Mishra, is funding the baby girl's medical care.
- SpaceX delivers `mighty mice,` worms, robot to space station
- BBPL inaugurated with huge enthusiasm and fanfare
- Unidentified child killed in Capital train-crash
- Remove Mithila, Fahmi’s personal photos from online platforms: HC
- 431 IU ‘B’ unit seats remain vacant
- Dengue rules Lakmal out of Pakistan Tests
- BJSC-BUP Sangsad Pres Soumik, GS Kona
- Iran says new budget bucks US oil embargo, uses Russian loan
- Cleansing operation must succeed
- Bangladesh create history securing 14 golds
- 2 killed in Jhenaidah
- Application for admission begins in SAU
- Bangladesh out of title race
- NBR Chairman hopes for 20pc revenue growth
- ‘E-TIN holders to be forced for return submission’
- Ten cattle stolen in one night
- Mahmudullah doubtful in BBPL opener
- BPL inaugural ceremony kicks off
- WI opt to bowl against India
- PM distributes National Film Awards
- Motorcyclist killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Drug dealer detained in Gazipur
- 40 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Nantie Hayward named as Sylhet Thunder’s bowling coach
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Bangladesh U-23 team lost to Sri Lanka
- 20 killed in Syria air strikes
- Export trade closed for 6 hours at Benapole
- Lemon-tamarind pomfret fish fry
- Light to moderate fog likely
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Remittance inflow increases by 31.75pc in November