Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
Published: 07:46 PM, 22 September 2019 Updated: 07:46 PM, 22 September 2019
It's been reported that Alia Bhatt and Sanjay Leela Bhansali may unite for another project, based on the life of gangster Gangubai Kothewali.
Alia Bhatt fans were quite disappointed after the actress' film Inshallah with Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Salman Khan was shelved weeks after its announcement. And, now it's been reported that they might see Bhatt and Bhansali uniting for another project.
As per the latest reports, Alia is said to star in SLB’s Gangubai, a cinematic adaption of the life of female gangster Gangubai Kothewali. The dreaded female crime-lord is also known as 'The Madame Of Kamathipura'.
Reports suggest that the actress had given SLB dates for Inshallah but since it was shelved he thought to cast her in Gangubai as the filmmaker feels she is perfect for the role.
Earlier it was reported that Bhansali plans to cast Priyanka Chopra as the lead for Gangubai. However, Bhansali's spokesperson in a statement said that the director was not in talks with Priyanka for any project. "Sanjay Bhansali has a lot of love and regard for Priyanka Chopra, however, no such film has been discussed," the director's spokesperson said.
Alia Bhatt who was set to work with Khan and Bhansali for the first time in Inshallah was reportedly very upset after the film was shelved. At IIFA's green carpet Alia had confirmed that she will be working with filmmaker soon.
She said, "I was very excited to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Salman as well. I believe that sometimes things happen which are not in your control. Plans never really go as per plans but I can give it to you in writing that I am going to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali very soon."
- BCB calls for emergency meeting of board of directors
- Best home remedies for gastritis
- Trudeau’s party win but set to lose majority
- Garment worker killed in Ashulia
- National Road Safety Day today
- Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus to play tonight
- Tigresses leave for Pakistan tomorrow
- CR-7 loves Sarri`s new-look Juventus
- Gov`t seeking Facebook data to identify Bhola culprits
- Class four schoolgirl ‘Hafeza’ in 2.11 yrs!
- Higher education opportunities in Saudi; how to apply?
- ‘Mrs’ Lawrence from Miss!
- Indo-Bangla Film Awards ceremony kicks off
- Different taste of `Cauliflower Roast`
- Apple launches ‘smart ring’!
- Primary books: Printing done by Nov 20
- 59 arrested in anti-drug drive
- National Road Safety Day tomorrow
- 2 Japanese aircraft carriers found, used in WW II
- Mysterious Witch`s Well
- WikiLeaks founder Assange appears confused at extradition hearing
- Bank transaction of Omar Faruq, his wife, children suspended
- Samrat took luggage-full cash to Singapore
- 4-day heritage handloom festival Wednesday
- No Bangladeshi players in ‘The Hundred’ tournament
- ‘Action if duty negligence found over Bhola incident’
- 232 held over disobeying Hilsha ban
- 4th grade govt job at Tk 10 lakh!
- Eight travel agency licenses revoked
- India govt announces parliament winter session from Nov 18
- All News »
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- A year of eternal journey leaving ‘Silver Guitar’
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Abrar’s brother leaves Dhaka College