Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
Published: 10:25 PM, 27 February 2020
Construction of the air-conditioned underpasses is underway
The construction work of underpass in front of Shaheed Ramiz Uddin School and College on Airport Road in the capital is near the end. The final work is now underway. It is learned that the government plans to inaugurate the underpass on the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, i.e. March 17.
Underpass construction project sources say the 42-meter-long underpass connects Hotel Radisson and MES bus stand.
However, the underpass is being built as a wondrous with full air conditioning where the road to the entrance and exit is being made of glass. Inside – there is a place for rest and shopping. A digital display board will be fitted inside there. The walkway will be spectacular. There will be world-class escalators, elevators, and ramps.
The source added that it was being constructed under the Roads and Highways Department (RHD). However, the army will be in charge of its maintenance. It will also be maintained incorporation with RHD.
While visiting the area, it has been seen that at least 10 people can walk in a row inside the underpass. The 42-meter-length and 270-square-meter underpass is 15 meters in height. Workers are working to paint, placing tiles and glasses on top.
There are two entrances and exit in two ways. The underpass is fully air-conditioned where pedestrians will have a chance to sit and relax in the Radisson part. The glass structure on the exterior is very much like a pyramid, with a seating area for pedestrians.
This is the first case where roads didn’t have to dig for the underpass. The construction has been completed with the ‘Pushbox’ method.
There was a movement demanding a safe road across the country after the death of students of Shaheed Ramiz Uddin School and College in a tragic road accident on July 28, 2018. At that time, the 24 Engineer Construction Brigade of Army started the work promised by Prime Minister.
Officials of the 24 Engineer Construction Brigade of Army told that such a spectacular underpass is not located anywhere in the country. A digital display board will be fitted inside the underpass. There will be world-class escalators, elevators, and ramps. Wheelchairs or trolleys can be operated here. Older, disabled or special children can easily use the underpass, they added.
- BBC broadcasts Islamic sermons in UK as mosques remain shut
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 87,000
- Lockdown imposed in Khulna
- Infected physician sent to Dhaka from Sylhet
- 3 more infected with coronavirus in Chattogram
- Dengue claims 254 Indonesian lives amid coronavirus
- PM’s gift distributed among 1150 auto-rickshaw drivers
- Six reasons to why men prefer living alone
- Jamalpur under complete lockdown
- Another infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Red flags on 20 houses in Chandpur
- All Rohingya camps ‘lockdown’
- Erdogan tweeted greeting for Shab-e-Barat
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India