After infant, Mother dies in explosion of gas-line in Mirpur
Published: 07:59 PM, 25 April 2018
Mother died after A seven-month-old boy was burnt to death as a fire broke out at a building in Mirpur area of the capital early Wednesday.
the deceased identify as Mina Begum, on Wednesday at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Mizanur Rahman, an officer of Fire Service and Civil Defense central control room, said the fire originated from a cigarette butt and broke out at the ground floor of a five-storey building around 11:45 pm and spread soon.
The fire was spread all over the room due to the leakage of the gas line, leaving three of them sustained injuries.
After getting the information of blaze, two firefighting units rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
Later, the injured were rescued and taken to the Burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where the doctor declared Tamim dead around 1:30 am, he added.
Three people of the same family were burnt to death on the gas line at Nichtala 4 of Pallabi number 4 of Pallabi number 4 on Tuesday night. The victims are Manik (35), his wife Mina (28) and their seven-month-old son Tamim.
At night they were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital. In the meantime, the duty doctor declared the child dead. Mina Begum died on Wednesday afternoon. Manik Mia`s condition is inconclusive. More than 80 percent of his body is burnt.