Afridi, Tamim help Comilla to beat Sylhet
Published: 04:25 PM, 6 January 2019 Updated: 04:25 PM, 6 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Shahid Afridi's unbeaten 39 off 25 and Tamim Iqbal's 35 off 34 helped Comilla Victorians to beat Sylhet Sixers by 4 wickets in their first BPL 2019 match at Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka today.
Comilla Victorians skipper Steven Smith won the toss and asked Sylhet Sixer to bat first. Sixers posted 127/8 in 20 overs. Comilla Victorians reached the target in the last over with 4 wickets and one ball in hand.
Chasing the target Comilla lost E Lewis on 16 and Imrul Kayes on 21. From here, Skipper Steve Smith and Tamim Iqbal re-build Victorians innings but Smith fall on 51 scoring 16 off 17. Then Tamim and Shoaib Malik try to build the innings. But Malik went out on 75 after scoring 13 off 20.
At one stage Comilla lost 6 for 97. From here, Afridi's unbeaten 39 helped the Victorians to chase down the target with 4 wickets in hand.
S Lamichhane took 2 for 16 and Al-Amin Hossain bagged 2 for 27 for Sylhet.
Earlier, N Pooran's 41 off 26 helped Sylhet Sixers to post 127/8 in their first BPL 2019 match against Comilla Victorians at Mirpur, Dhaka.
But Sixers lost their first wickets on 1. They lose captain DA Warner on 23. From here, Afif Hossain tries to lift his side but he went out on 46 scoring 19 off 16. Then, Towhid Hridoy also went out by Shahid Afridi on 46.
But Nicolas Pooran's 41 off 26 and Alok Kapali's 19 off 20 help Sixers to post 127/8 in 20 overs.
Mahedi Hasan, Mohammad Shahid and Mohammad Saifuddin bagged 2 wickets each.
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- May in Brussels to urge short Brexit delay
- Miraz to tie knot today, Fizz tomorrow
- Real Madrid a dream club: Pogba
- Road crash kills madrasa teacher in Kallyanpur
- Final Supermoon of year occurs as asteroid zips close by
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal