Afridi, Tamim help Comilla to beat Sylhet
Published: 04:25 PM, 6 January 2019 Updated: 04:25 PM, 6 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Shahid Afridi's unbeaten 39 off 25 and Tamim Iqbal's 35 off 34 helped Comilla Victorians to beat Sylhet Sixers by 4 wickets in their first BPL 2019 match at Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka today.
Comilla Victorians skipper Steven Smith won the toss and asked Sylhet Sixer to bat first. Sixers posted 127/8 in 20 overs. Comilla Victorians reached the target in the last over with 4 wickets and one ball in hand.
Chasing the target Comilla lost E Lewis on 16 and Imrul Kayes on 21. From here, Skipper Steve Smith and Tamim Iqbal re-build Victorians innings but Smith fall on 51 scoring 16 off 17. Then Tamim and Shoaib Malik try to build the innings. But Malik went out on 75 after scoring 13 off 20.
At one stage Comilla lost 6 for 97. From here, Afridi's unbeaten 39 helped the Victorians to chase down the target with 4 wickets in hand.
S Lamichhane took 2 for 16 and Al-Amin Hossain bagged 2 for 27 for Sylhet.
Earlier, N Pooran's 41 off 26 helped Sylhet Sixers to post 127/8 in their first BPL 2019 match against Comilla Victorians at Mirpur, Dhaka.
But Sixers lost their first wickets on 1. They lose captain DA Warner on 23. From here, Afif Hossain tries to lift his side but he went out on 46 scoring 19 off 16. Then, Towhid Hridoy also went out by Shahid Afridi on 46.
But Nicolas Pooran's 41 off 26 and Alok Kapali's 19 off 20 help Sixers to post 127/8 in 20 overs.
Mahedi Hasan, Mohammad Shahid and Mohammad Saifuddin bagged 2 wickets each.
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- Heatwave kills 40 in Bihar in a day
- Journos’ 9th wage-board declaration soon
- Temperature may rise by (1-2)° C
- Pakistan bowl against arch-rivals India
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Momen urges to expedite Teesta deal
- Jail prisoners get high-quality food in breakfast
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight with BGB
- Driver-helper killed as truck overturns
- Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- England wins beating Windies
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’