Adulterated sweets, no one to see!
Published: 01:20 PM, 24 April 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Although there are different colors of signboard and packaging of sweets, these are made from adulterated casein and synthetic colors in different sweet shops of Assasuni’s Hatbazar.
The sweets are being made in the worst way in the sweet shops of villages’ hatbazar. And this rasgulla, pantua, kalojam, ledikeni, sandesh, roshmalai are being made in an unhealthy environment. And ingredients such as formalin containing adulterated casein, synthetic colors are mixed with sweets.
Although the anti-adulteration campaigns were being carried out in food and fruit shops, as well as the sweet shops and factories in Assasuni’s shop were left behind. The adjacent of the factories of different hats and bazaars are so dirty that anyone can shock by seeing this. Raw toilet facilities are also built beside these shops.
When visiting the different sweet shops, it was seen that the sweets are made from adulterated milk casein. When the milk casein arrives at the factory, varieties of diseases have been mixed including its properties. In the sweet factories, the milk has condensed by mixing with soda and boric powder. Normally, 1kg of casein is made from 5-6 kg of milk, but 1kg is produced from 3-4 kg of milk in the adulterated process.
Apart from this, formalin is being used to keep or maintain good milk for a long time. Dalda is mixed to increase the amount of fat in without butter casein. Most of these sweets are made from casein. The environment in which the sweet is made is also unhealthy and dirty, many sweet artisans say.
According to sweet artisans, adulterated caseins were being marketed by mixing with the previously mixed sweet. Not only this, biscuit powder is used to increase the taste of sweets.
It is found in a sweet shop in the Budhhata Market of Ashashuni, that the sweet artisans are making sweet by mixing casein and flour in polythene packets on the floor. On the other hand, a sweet factory is found in the Kullar Mor, the sweets are made in such an environment of artisans’ sweat in the heat. The environment here is so dirty that anyone would be seen to be scared.
Mobile courts have been fined several times, but they are returned to the old look.
Arun Kumar Banerjee, Assasuni Upazila Health and Family Planning Officer said that its called inedible if the sweets are made from adulterated caseins. Also, the colors used in sweets are harmful to health. It can cause major harm to organs such as limb, heart, liver. “If there is a use of formalin, then there is a risk of liver failure, paralysis, and cancer,” he added.
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad