Actress Ahona injured in road accident
Published: 11:55 AM, 11 January 2019 Updated: 11:55 AM, 11 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Popular small screen actress Ahona Rahman was seriously injured in a road accident. At present, the actress is undergoing treatment at Crescent Hospital in Uttara.
The information was confirmed by Ahona’s younger sister Liza Mitu on Thursday night.
Liza said to Daily Bangladesh that Ahona is undergoing treatment at Crescent Hospital under the supervision of physician Abu Zafar Chowdhury Biru.
Earlier on Tuesday, Ahana went to Uttara home after finishing a wedding ceremony in Old Dhaka. She was driving the car when a truck driver (Dhaka Metro Ta-15-1826) took a wrong turn, and hit her car, said Liza Mitu.
Ahona, luckily escaped without any injury at the time, locked into a heated exchange with the truck driver. The actor’s sister was with her in the car, and recorded the conversation between the driver and Ahona.
Liza Mitu said, “Ahona got onto the truck when the driver refused to come down and that was when the driver started driving his vehicle while the actor was barely hanging from the door.”
The driver, however, lost control of the speeding truck near Uttara’s sector 12 and landed into a roadside ditch. Ahona, according to witnesses, fell off from the truck at the time, and hurt herself badly.
Subsequently, Ahona was rescued by sister, who has been following the truck in order to rescue her sister from that horrible situation, and was hospitalized.
According to the doctors, Ahona’s condition is alarming as she has sustained severe back injury.
Liza also said that they filed the case with Uttara Police Station on Wednesday no. 230 (5) 1. Already, Ahona and her family are being threatened by the owner of the truck.
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Ferry sinks in Tigris killing 71
- Hajj reg deadline ext till March 28
- Shamim gets 1yr ext as Minister (Press)
- icddr,b’s Rohingya response shared with partners
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal