Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
Published: 03:08 PM, 24 April 2019 Updated: 04:07 PM, 24 April 2019
Veteran Actor Saleh Ahmed has passed away (Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un) at the age of 83.
He died on Wednesday at capital’s Apollo Hospital at 2:33 pm.
His cousin and actor Ahsanul Haque Minu confirmed the matter.
Saleh Ahmed has been sick for many years due to various old age diseases. He took regular treatment at Apollo Hospital for nearly 5 years. The 83-year-old actor’s physical condition is deteriorating.
About eight years ago, the Independence Medal Awardees actor suffered a brain stroke. After that, he was treated for a few days and became quite healthy. But as he could not speak properly, he stopped acting. Even could not walk normally. He had been suffering from lung inflammatory problems and kidney problems, and also had some physical problems.
For the last few years, he is suffering from various problems like financial crisis, negligence and old age. He spent his day with illness. Silently passing the day in the residence of Uttarkhan without any treatment.
Many artists and media did not know about his condition. Even nobody came forward in search of sick actor Saleh. In the year 2016, the story of his ongoing life of hardship arises on the media pages. Since then, many of the artists have noticed the issue of Saleh.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina stood beside sick Saleh. On January 11, the Prime Minister handed over a savings certificate of Sonali Bank of Tk 25 lakh to the members of Saleh’s family.
Actor Saleh Ahmed was born in Sariakandi of Bogura. He worked in the Department of Public Health Engineering. Besides, he was associated with the Amrabarti Natyamancha in Mymensingh. Prior to independence, he used to act regularly on BTV.
After retirement in 1991, he started playing on Humayun Ahmed’s dramas and films. He started his acting on silver screen by acting in ‘Aguner Poroshmoni’ and in the serial drama ‘Oyomoy’. He then starred in numerous dramas and films.
Saleh had three daughters and one son. The eldest daughter died four years ago. Now she has two daughters and one son. His son is doing government jobs in public health department.
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- 13.05% pass DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Weather may remain mainly dry
- Son hacked mother to death
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today