Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
Published: 03:08 PM, 24 April 2019 Updated: 04:07 PM, 24 April 2019
Veteran Actor Saleh Ahmed has passed away (Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un) at the age of 83.
He died on Wednesday at capital’s Apollo Hospital at 2:33 pm.
His cousin and actor Ahsanul Haque Minu confirmed the matter.
Saleh Ahmed has been sick for many years due to various old age diseases. He took regular treatment at Apollo Hospital for nearly 5 years. The 83-year-old actor’s physical condition is deteriorating.
About eight years ago, the Independence Medal Awardees actor suffered a brain stroke. After that, he was treated for a few days and became quite healthy. But as he could not speak properly, he stopped acting. Even could not walk normally. He had been suffering from lung inflammatory problems and kidney problems, and also had some physical problems.
For the last few years, he is suffering from various problems like financial crisis, negligence and old age. He spent his day with illness. Silently passing the day in the residence of Uttarkhan without any treatment.
Many artists and media did not know about his condition. Even nobody came forward in search of sick actor Saleh. In the year 2016, the story of his ongoing life of hardship arises on the media pages. Since then, many of the artists have noticed the issue of Saleh.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina stood beside sick Saleh. On January 11, the Prime Minister handed over a savings certificate of Sonali Bank of Tk 25 lakh to the members of Saleh’s family.
Actor Saleh Ahmed was born in Sariakandi of Bogura. He worked in the Department of Public Health Engineering. Besides, he was associated with the Amrabarti Natyamancha in Mymensingh. Prior to independence, he used to act regularly on BTV.
After retirement in 1991, he started playing on Humayun Ahmed’s dramas and films. He started his acting on silver screen by acting in ‘Aguner Poroshmoni’ and in the serial drama ‘Oyomoy’. He then starred in numerous dramas and films.
Saleh had three daughters and one son. The eldest daughter died four years ago. Now she has two daughters and one son. His son is doing government jobs in public health department.
- Mango bean for diabetes control
- Maritime ports asked to hoist signal 3
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad