Active Awami League
Published: 04:08 PM, 8 February 2018 Updated: 04:16 PM, 8 February 2018
Mithapukur (Rangpur-5 constituency) is the largest Upazila of Rangpur district. This Upazila is basically known as Jamaat Base. It`s believed that some Awami League (AL) activists are responsible for the situation. On the other hand, it is difficult to find out any BNP activists in the Upazila. There is no political activity of them. There is also no activities of the Jatiya Party (JP).
Meanwhile, despite the Awami League`s organizational activities, the distance between workers and leaders of the party is increased. Former student leader and Rangpur district Awami League organizing secretary Motahar Hossain Mowla and Rashik Rahman are ahead in the next election as Awami League candidate.
However, former chairman and general secretary of the party, Zakir Hossain, has established single reign in the upazila. Once upon a time, he was so much closer to Awami League MP HN Ashiqur Rahman.
According to the allegations of grassroots activists, Awami League was somewhat lagged organizationally due to Zakir Hossain. He has no connection with party leaders and activists. Without preferring the party`s opinion, he formed various committees with his closest people. On the other hand, the party`s activities have been backward due to the clashes between Zakir Hossain and Ashiqur Rahman.
Once upon a time, Zakir Hossain, who was known as Ashiqur Rahman`s right hand, would take care of all his work. In this opportunity, he rehabilitated the BNP and Jamaat leaders and activists.
Rangpur district Awami League organizing secretary Motahar Hossain Maola said that Jamaat beat Awami League with the huge vote in the upazila elections due to Zakir Hossain. He is involved in corruption. Using the group he becomes the owner of the huge amount of illegal wealth. If the party nominated me in the next election, I will gift the seat to Awami League.
Read More: Rangpur-4, AL-JP passing busy time
About the complaint, Zakir Hossain said, I am not involved in any development activities. All works did by the MP. No one listens to me. I have not given any job to BNP-Jamaat leaders. All of the allegations against me are false.
While there is no open publicity of Jamaat, they are continuously organizing their organizational activities.
On the other hand, BNP activists are almost inactive. They do not have any political activities in the area. They do not even observe the centrally sponsored programs. But local leaders are seen in some centralized programs. There is no committee here for a long time. The party`s work is going on in any way through the convenor committee. However, the convenor committee is divided into two groups. one section led by Golam Rabbani and another side by joint convenor Lincon Chowdhury.
Golam Rabbani said BNP is organizationally weak at Mithapukur. If alliance Jamaat candidate participates in the election here, We support them. But now I want to nominate from the party.
Meanwhile, there is no activity of the Jatiya Party here. But sometimes they are seen to rally.
The Jatiya Party`s Fakhr-Ujj-Zaman Jahangir is seen in the area When the election comes. The activists alleged that once upon a time there was no other organizational basis without Jatiya Party. Jahangir took the Jatiya Party to the bottom.
However, Jahangir said, while I live in Dhaka, sometimes come in Mithapukur and organize the rally in different places. If the party nominated me in the next election, I will gift the seat to the party.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card