Action against bribe payer too: PM
Published: 01:53 PM, 18 August 2019 Updated: 03:12 PM, 18 August 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said that whoever takes bribes, he is not only criminal, and who gives a bribe is also a criminal. Action will also be taken against bribes payers.
The Prime Minister made these remarks on Sunday morning with the officials of his office during the post-Eid-ul-Azha exchange of greetings.
The Prime Minister said, “Whoever takes bribes in corruption is not only guilty, he who gives them is also a criminal. Keep this thing in mind. That is how action needs to be taken. And if we can do that, a lot of our work will be faster.”
She said that people are blinded by wealth, he forgets that one day he too will have to die. Keep in mind - if you die, nothing can be taken with you. Whatever you leave behind will never be useful. And if more is left, then the relationship among the children will be damaged. The fights began to fade. Now those are very visible.
"What does it mean to run like a blind man behind the property and waste everything after this?" “Spending on understanding how much someone’s income; everything to go well in every life, that we want.” But it needs to be brought to the forefront - whoever pay and receive the bribes both of them are guilty. That way, if we can take action to control it, we will be able to do many things faster; she also said.
Sheikh Hasina quoted that, the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) is active at this time. She also emphasized on taking an account of how much one spends.
Advisors to the Prime Minister and officials of his office, including the Secretary, were present on the occasion.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing