`Acquire knowledge on literature`
Published: 09:29 PM, 16 February 2019
Educationists and literarily personalities at a function underscored the need for inspiring the young generations to become library-oriented for acquiring knowledge on literature and culture.
They made the call at concluding function of the two-day celebrations of the 40th founding anniversary of the Biswa Sahitya Kendra (BSK) organized by its Rangpur unit at the Public Library hall room in the city on Saturday.
The concluding day programs included bringing out of a huge rally, cake-cutting ceremony, competitions for children on various topics, discussion, distribution of prizes and cultural function.
Noted educationist Professor Maloy Kishore Bhattacharya addressed the function as the chief guest with Organiser of Rangpur unit of the BSK Syed Ariful Islam in the chair.
Noted drama personality Biplob Prasad, Head Teacher of Rangpur Shishu Niketon High School Bimal Kumar Roy, Poets Mahmuda Akhter and Dr Shahin addressed as special guests.
Syed Ariful Islam said the BSK has been expanding book reading program through organizing various excellence programs, including book-reading activity, for students for the last 40 years with the dream of producing enlightened people.
“The countrywide book-reading activity of the BSK is one of the most notable programs toward the direction. Currently, around two-lakh students of over 2,000 educational institutions are involved with this program,” Islam said.
The speakers said the BSK had been playing vital role in enhancing book reading habit of the citizens, especially young generations, to increase their knowledge contributing to building a more enlightened society.
Terming the BSK, like other libraries, as the ocean of knowledge, the chief guest urged the BSK authorities to further expand its working sphere both in urban and rural areas to assist the people reading books for acquiring knowledge.
He urged the youths to avail the advantages being provided by the BSK and become library-oriented for enriching their knowledge in building a more enlightened society free from superstitions and ignorance.
- PM greets FFs with gifts on Independence Day
- President hosts reception on Independence Day
- AL Presidium Committee meeting March 29
- DU celebrates Independence Day
- AL to hold discussion on Independence Day tomorrow
- PM releases stamps, opens Post Office’s digital financial service
- Mamata greets Bangladesh on Independence Day
- Youth held for derogatory comments on PM, Joy
- Mohin’s new song ‘Russel Amader Sadhinota’
- Pentagon authorizes $1 bn for Trump’s border wall
- Washington declares ‘Bangladesh Day’ today
- Schoolgirl killed as leguna fell into ditch in Cumilla
- Obaidul Quader shifted to cabin from ICU
- Rain or thundershowers with gusty wind likely
- Google doodle celebrates Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Barca wishes Bangladesh on Independence Day
- La Liga wishes Bangladesh on Independence Day
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Independence Day
- President, PM pays homage to Liberation War heroes
- Nation celebrating 49th Independence Day
- Build advance country being imbued with patriotism: PM
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- Bangladesh to be poverty free by 2030: Kamal
- Israel strikes Gaza after rocket hits house
- British MPs bid to take control over Brexit
- Nation observes one-minute `blackout`
- At least 18 dead as floods sweep Iran
- National anthem to be sung simultaneously nationwide tomorrow
- President visits Combined Military Hardware Display
- Fruits that burn fat like crazy
- All News »
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Bangladesh eliminated from AFC U-23 Championship
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- Colourful Career of the Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army
- PM mourns death of singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah
- Two drug traders killed in Teknaf gunfight
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Drive launches to arrest Rangamati separatists
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery decision today
- Singer Shahnaj Rahmatullah dies
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery underway
- Man detained for anti-state campaign in capital
- New Zealand to ban military-style weapons