Academics urge new generation to follow Rokeya’s ideals
Published: 06:35 PM, 10 December 2019 Updated: 06:36 PM, 10 December 2019
Academics at a discussion have called upon the new generation to follow ideals of Begum Rokeya in forming a well-organized society with equal rights of women.
Terming Begum Rokeya as the pioneer of women renaissance in the subcontinent, they said the great woman worked throughout her life for the advancement of the womenfolk, society and nation as a whole.
They made the observation in the discussion arranged by the Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur (BRUR) at its Central Cafeteria on Monday afternoon in observance of the Rokeya Day-2019 through day-long programs.
The programs included placing wreaths at the portrait of Begum Rokeya, bringing out a ‘Shobhayatra’, the publication of special supplementary in newspapers and staging a drama titled ‘Great Rokeya’.
Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Convener of the Rokeya Day Observance Committee Professor Dr. Sorifa Salowa Dina inaugurated the observance with placing wreaths at the portrait of Begum Rokeya after leading the ‘Shobhayatra’ on the campus.
Besides, leaders of Begum Rokeya University Teachers’ Association, dean of different faculties, and heads of different departments, Officers’.
Association and other organizations placed wreaths at the portrait of Rokeya.
Later, Dean of the Faculty of Science Professor Dr. Gazi Mazharul Islam attended the discussion as the guest of honor with Professor Dr. Sorifa Salowa Dina in the chair.
Professor of the Department of Bengali Professor Dr. Parimal Chandra Barman, Professor Dr. RM Hafizur Rahman, Professor Dr. Nazmul Haque, Dean of the Faculty of Life and Earth Science Md. Atiur Rahman, among others, addressed.
The speakers said Begum Rokeya realized for the first time the absolute necessity of female education and human rights of women for their real development, dignity and civilized status to attain sustainable national development.
She conducted her activities not only for women renaissance in the then British-ruled colonial and conservative society of the subcontinent but expanded her endeavors for the regeneration of humanity as a whole with equal rights of women.
Professor Dr. Gazi Mazharul Islam called upon the young generation to follow the ideals and philosophy of Begum Rokeya for establishing freedom, empowerment, equal rights and dignity of women in every sphere of the society.
- 4 marine academies to be launched this year
- Seven-morning tasks will keep you refresh for daylong
- ‘BNP conspiring sensing defeat in city polls’
- British Airways canceled all flights to China
- Zimbabwe consolidate lead after Raza`s seven
- Govt forms 7 committees to guard rice market
- Stronger effort need to rein child death in country: Study
- Rickshaw driver killed in Sunamganj road crash
- Apple delivers best-ever quarter, powered by iPhones, services
- 4 BIHT students expelled over ragging
- 1390 mt onion arrived from Myanmar in one day
- Free sewing training to 100 women in Faridpur
- 6 held with yaba in Capital
- Question leak clique member held in Kushtia
- Bangladesh takes on South Africa U-19 tomorrow
- BPL begins on 13 February
- Mushfiq to miss BCL first round
- Australian scientists first to recreate ‘Coronavirus’
- CMH transplants bone marrow first time
- PM urges FFs to tell country’s Liberation War history to youths
- RAB detained 2 with drugs
- Car loaded 576 can beer seized in capital, 2 arrested
- ‘History of Bangladesh Rock: The Legacy of Azam Khan’
- Govt ready to bring Bangladeshis trapped in China’
- HC for recruit 117 doctors in prison hospitals
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- 57 kg weed seized in Ashuganj, arrested 2
- 1 arrested with Yaba-heroin in Mohadevpur
- Man gets death for killing wife in Kushtia
- Salma to lead Tigress in T20I World Cup
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin fare Tk 15,000!
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll climbs to 106
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- 3 US crew killed in Australia firefighting plane crash
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- ‘Coronavirus will not enter Bangladesh’
- Bangladesh meet Pakistan in 3rd T20 today