Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
Published: 03:44 PM, 10 October 2019
Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
Police have arrested roommate Mizan over the murder of Abrar Fahad at Sher-e-Bangla Hall in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet).
He was detained on Thursday at room no 1011 in the Sher-e-Bangla Hall. The detainee Mizan, a student in the Department of Water Research and Engineering of the university.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of the DB South Zone (Lalbagh Zone) Khandaker Rabiul Arafat Lelin confirmed the matter and said that Mizan was taken to the DB office.
Earlier, Amit Saha was was detained from the capital’s Sabujbagh area on Thursday morning over the killing of Abrar Fahad.
It was learned that Amit, a resident of Sher-e-Bangla Hall’s room-2011 where Abrar was badly tortured for five hours. Although Amit is an alleged culprit of Abrar murder, he was not accused in the case filed over the killing.
Abrar, a second-year student of the university’s electrical and electronic engineering department, was beaten to death allegedly by some BCL leaders — led by Amit Shaha — at his room in the residence hall in the night on October 6.
Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed a case against 19 people with Chawkbazar Police Station on Monday. So far, police have arrested 13 people.
Later, BCL expelled its 11 leaders including its Buet unit general secretary Mehedi Hasan Rasel, for their alleged involvement in the incident.
- UK Labour makes radical election pitch
- `Humble` Mourinho not planning on big changes at Spurs
- Another cargo flight with 105 mts Egyptian onion lands
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- Event Flow of Kolkata Test
- Nasim asks party men to make AL council success
- President condoles death of Katiadi AL leader Golap Mia
- Tennis Federation GS Golam Morshed fired
- 41st Cairo int`l film gala kicks off at Egypt`s opera house
- Mithila: “There is a word called privacy”
- AI bot beats human in multiplayer game with secret roles
- Syed Rasel named Dhaka Platoon bowling coach
- Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
- Fielding will key point in pink-ball Test: Mominul
- Tahsan new look of Farooki’s “No Land’s Man”
- Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
- Emerging Asia Cup Final to broadcast on TV
- Bourses bounce back
- Don’t pay heed to propaganda: PM
- Bangladesh wins 1st Gold in e-Asia Awards 2019
- Car-Free Street in Uttara!
- BNP failed to wage movement capitalizing onion issue: Quader
- Baby drown in Tangail
- Pope Francis visits Thai Buddhist temple
- Housewife commits suicide
- 22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
- 89 detained in anti-drug drive in capital
- Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
- Armed Forces Day celebrated peacefully
- BCB announce women’s T20 squad for SA Games
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Tigers opt to bat
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- International Men’s Day today
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Fire burns Rangpur Express (Video)
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft