Abrar’s parents meet PM
Published: 10:01 PM, 22 March 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today consoled the parents of private university student Abrar Ahmed Chowdhury, who was killed in a road accident on Tuesday, as they met the premier at her official Ganabhaban residence in the capital tonight.
“Brig Gen (retd) Arif Ahmed Chowdhury and Farida Fatemi, the father and mother of Abrar, went to Ganabhaban around 8:15 pm and stayed there for nearly one hour,” PM’s Deputy Press Secretary Shakhawat Moon told the press.
The prime minister consoled Abrar’s parents and expressed deep shock and sorrow at the tragic death of their son, Moon said.
She also prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul.
Mayor of Dhaka North City Corporation Atiqul Islam, PM’s Military Secretary Major General Mian Mohammad Zainul Abedin and Abrar’s brother were present on the program.
Abrar, a first-year honors student of International Relations Department at Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP), was killed after a bus of ‘Suprobhat Paribahan’ ran him over at Nodda near Dhaka’s Bashundhara Residential area on Tuesday morning.
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Russia eases citizenship rules in east Ukraine
- Govt mulling commission to identify Bangabandhu killers
- Sri Lanka admits `major` lapse over deadly Islamist blasts
- Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan reach semifinals
- Malaria situation improves in CHT
- PM alerted about terror activities
- 105 illegal structures demolished in N’ganj, Tongi
- Indian envoy calls on President
- PM consoles Zayan’s family
- Zayan laid to rest
- Brexit or no Brexit, UK with Bangladesh: Sir Simon
- BNP mourns Zayan’s killing in Sri Lanka bombings
- DU-affiliated 7 college students withdraw blockade
- Zayan’s namaz-e-janaza held
- Happy Birthday Sachin Tendulkar!
- Mannan for tapping huge potentials of blue economy
- UFO sightings have reached an all-time high
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- Procession, meeting banned at IU
- Company tempted farmers for tobacco cultivation!
- Google gets FAA OK for drone deliveries
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- PM at Banani to see Zayan’s body
- OC’s cellphones seized over Nusrat killing case
- ‘We stand beside Mila’
- Fire at Kutupalong Rohingya camp
- Edu minister for upsurge education budget
- Harvesting Irri-boro paddy begins in Rajshahi
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand