Alexa Abrar murder case hands over to DB

Dhaka, Friday   06 December 2019

Abrar murder case hands over to DB

 Staff Correspondent

 Published: 02:45 PM, 8 October 2019   Updated: 02:54 PM, 8 October 2019

File Photo

File Photo

Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) student Abrar’s murder case has been handed over to DB. 

Md Obaidur Rahman, an additional deputy commissioner of DMP’s Media and Public Relations Department, confirmed the information to Daily Bangladesh after 12:00 pm.

Meanwhile, the BUET campus has been uplifted by the students’ movement demanding an 8-point demand over Abrar Fahad murder case. They staged a demo in front of the BUET cafeteria at 10:35 am on Tuesday. They highlighted the 8-point demand to the journalists in the banner of ‘We want justice for Abrar Fahad murder’. 

The demands are —

The maximum punishment for the killers must be ensured. All the identified killers must be expelled for life from studentship within 72 hours must be ensured. The cases filed should be settled within the shortest time under the speedy trial tribunal.

Since the VC of the university did not come to the spot after 30 hours, he has to respond to his body by 5:00 pm. At the same time, DSW sir also be held accountable for why he escaped from the spot.  

Those who involved in physical and psychological abuses in the name of rag in residential halls on different opinions must be expelled. Also, those involved in previous incidents at Ahsanullah Hall and Suhrawardy Hall should terminate the studentship by November 11.

The Provost of Sher-e-Bangla Hall will have to be withdrawn by November 11, due to ignorance of the eviction of students from residential halls using political power and utter failure to ensure the safety of the students.

The BUET administration will have to bear all the costs of the lawsuit and all compensation to the family of Abrar.

Abrar’s body recovered from the second floor of the Sher E Bangla Hall at midnight on Sunday, October 6, and took him to Dhaka Medical College (DMCH) Hospital. He was declared dead at around 6:30 am on Monday.

Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed a murder case with Chawkbazar police station on Monday evening, accusing a number of unidentified persons with the names of 19 people. 10 are shown arrest in the case. 

Meanwhile, Abrar was buried at the local Raidanga cemetery after the third namaz-e-janaza in front of his residence at around 10:45 am on Tuesday.