Abrar murder case hands over to DB
Published: 02:45 PM, 8 October 2019 Updated: 02:54 PM, 8 October 2019
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) student Abrar’s murder case has been handed over to DB.
Md Obaidur Rahman, an additional deputy commissioner of DMP’s Media and Public Relations Department, confirmed the information to Daily Bangladesh after 12:00 pm.
Meanwhile, the BUET campus has been uplifted by the students’ movement demanding an 8-point demand over Abrar Fahad murder case. They staged a demo in front of the BUET cafeteria at 10:35 am on Tuesday. They highlighted the 8-point demand to the journalists in the banner of ‘We want justice for Abrar Fahad murder’.
The demands are —
The maximum punishment for the killers must be ensured. All the identified killers must be expelled for life from studentship within 72 hours must be ensured. The cases filed should be settled within the shortest time under the speedy trial tribunal.
Since the VC of the university did not come to the spot after 30 hours, he has to respond to his body by 5:00 pm. At the same time, DSW sir also be held accountable for why he escaped from the spot.
Those who involved in physical and psychological abuses in the name of rag in residential halls on different opinions must be expelled. Also, those involved in previous incidents at Ahsanullah Hall and Suhrawardy Hall should terminate the studentship by November 11.
The Provost of Sher-e-Bangla Hall will have to be withdrawn by November 11, due to ignorance of the eviction of students from residential halls using political power and utter failure to ensure the safety of the students.
The BUET administration will have to bear all the costs of the lawsuit and all compensation to the family of Abrar.
Abrar’s body recovered from the second floor of the Sher E Bangla Hall at midnight on Sunday, October 6, and took him to Dhaka Medical College (DMCH) Hospital. He was declared dead at around 6:30 am on Monday.
Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed a murder case with Chawkbazar police station on Monday evening, accusing a number of unidentified persons with the names of 19 people. 10 are shown arrest in the case.
Meanwhile, Abrar was buried at the local Raidanga cemetery after the third namaz-e-janaza in front of his residence at around 10:45 am on Tuesday.
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- TV umpire to call no-balls in cricket first
- Five robbers detained in Narayanganj
- China`s new high-speed train faster than air travel
- School changes Nurani’s life
- Child body recover from pond
- Admission faker detained in interview
- New high-speed train faster than airbus
- BNP does not believe in constitution: Dipu Moni
- Uber reveals thousands of reported sexual assaults in US
- Disabled Zahid standing beside a disabled child
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Man dies for daughter
- Kawsar: Best researcher in Artificial Intelligence sector
- UN calls Israel to leave Golan heights
- RAB arrests 2 militant in Pallabi
- Trump on likely impeachment
- 62 killed as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast: UN
- 1.4 lakh killed in Measles epidemic
- 42 detained in DMP anti-drug drive
- 38 killed in Burundi landslides
- Soumya’s stormy batting gives easy victory over Bhutan
- Bharat army’s worst fraud in history!
- People greetings Telangana police with flowers
- Light to moderate fog likely
- All 4 accused of Hyderabad rape-murder killed in encounter
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married