Hearing in Abrar murder case deferred again
Published: 12:38 PM, 17 February 2020 Updated: 12:39 PM, 17 February 2020
A Dhaka court on Monday deferred the charge framing hearing against 25 students of the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) for killing fellow student Abrar Fahad.
Dhaka Metropolitan Session Judge KM Imrul Qayes deferred the charge framing hearing on March 18.
The court said the case was scheduled to transfer to the speedy trial tribunal for quick disposal. However, the gazette notification from the ministry of home affairs in this regard is yet to be published. Later, the court set the new date for the next hearing.
Earlier on January 21, the court fixed January 30 to frame the charge hearing in the murder case.
Eight of the 25 suspects confessed to the court that they were involved with torturing Abrar. A total of 31 prosecution witnesses were mentioned on the charge sheet.
The trial on January 13 was shifted to the Dhaka Metropolitan Session Judge's Court from Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate's Court.
The investigators found involvement of 22 students through the CCTV footage, while the rest three were named by the corroborative evidences and reported confessions.
Abrar Fahad, 21, a second-year student of Electric and Electronic Engineering, was beaten to death on October 6 midnight at the university's Sher-e-Bangla Hall.
Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed the murder case at Chawkbazar police station against 19 people. On November 13, police submitted a charge sheet against 25 students of BUET in a case filed over Abrar’s murder.
- Coronavirus death toll tops 68,000
- 6 coronavirus victim in Dhaka same family
- India turns off lights for nine minutes
- Cow thefts on rise in Gazaria
- After father, son infects with coronavirus in Ctg
- Youths locked down a village in Cumilla
- Lightning strike kills 3 in Patuakhali
- SSC result on parents’ phone directly
- Coronavirus: Orders made to prepare 12 hospitals in Ctg
- CU donates Tk 1 cr to PM’s Relief Fund
- Physician identified 1st coronavirus positive in Sylhet
- Modi seeks help to Manmohan, Pranab, Mamata
- 2nd-grade student donates all her savings for helpless
- 208 families in Narayanganj on lockdown
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- ‘Rangpur Chamber’ to help 1,800 poor families
- 2nd special flight left Dhaka with 322 US citizens
- 7 samples collected in Kurigram
- 10 killed in Kashmir gunfight
- Jail officers-employees donate a-day salary to PM`s fund
- Relief worth Tk 2 cr distributed in Muradnagar
- 5 shot dead in Russia for louding
- Over 600 French troops infected with coronavirus
- Tk 23 crore allocated by the Ministry of Social Welfare
- Schoolteacher’s body found in Feni
- Woman hangs self while on video call with husband
- Madrasa teacher held over theft
- 1 arrested over Chandrapur schoolgirl gang rape
- Barsha distributed commodities to 1,000 families
- 516 released from quarantine in Sirajganj
- All News »
- School holiday draws to Eid
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Army to go tough from today
- Kurmitola Hospital to treat coronavirus patients only
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 4 held in Saudi for claiming corona is ‘punishment from Allah’
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Edu Minister for continue students’ studies at home
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Infant, younger than a year dies of coronavirus
- Comedian Ken Shimura died of coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- What Trudeau’s wife says after healing from coronavirus
- No new coronavirus case detected in last 24 hrs: IEDCR
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Construction work of Akij’s corona hospital resumed
- Citywide quarantine in Moscow
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Corona death climbs to 30,879, cases over .66m