Abdul Hamid takes oath for 2nd term
Published: 07:47 PM, 24 April 2018
President Mohammad Abdul Hamid took oath as 21st President of Bangladesh; Pic: PID
President Mohammad Abdul Hamid took oath as 21st President of Bangladesh for a second consecutive term on Tuesday evening.
Abdul Hamid was sworn by Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury at the Darbar Hall of Bangabhaban.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, Chief Justice, former Presidents of the country, Judges, cabinet members, lawmakers, senior politicians, diplomats and other dignitaries were present there.
Since the independence of Bangladesh 16 President in 19th period has been elected President. Abdul Hamid is the 17th person in this position.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina congratulate Abdul Hamid as 21st President of Bangladesh; Pic: PID
But for the second consecutive term, the President is only Abdul Hamid. This will be his last tenure as the constitution allows him to hold office for maximum two times.
Earlier, Abdul Hamid was elected the President on April 22, 2013, and sworn in as the 20th President on April 24, 2013.
He took the responsibility of the President in-charge on March 14, 2013, while the then President Md Zillur Rahman was under treatment in Singapore. After the death of Zillur Rahman, he became the Acting President on March 20, 2013.
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- India’s Maoist attack: 5 policemen killed in Jharkhand
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor