AL`s rally and procession in capital today
Published: 11:26 AM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 05:13 PM, 5 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Today is the Victory Day for Democracy. This Day will be observing across the country amid different programmes marking the January 5 election in 2014 as it helped continue the democratic and constitutional process.
Bangladesh Awami League (AL) and other pro-liberation political parties and social organizations have chalked out elaborate programmes to observe the day in a befitting manner across the country. The programmes include holding rallies and processions at district, city and upazila levels.
According to a press release, which signed by Awami League office secretary Abdus Sobhan Gulap, as part of the central programmes, AL Dhaka North unit will organize a rally and a victory procession in Gulshan- Banani area at 3 pm while AL Dhaka South unit will hold identical programmes at Bangabandhu Avenue. AL leaders will be present in the program.
In the statement, AL General Secretary and Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader called upon all units of the party and associated organizations to observe all programmes of the day.
He also urged the people of all strata to celebrate the Day of Victory for Democracy in a festive environment.
It`s noted that Awami League, the party which successfully led the nation`s War of Liberation, won the 10th Jatiya Sangsad elections on that day, defeating all conspiracies and overcoming all barriers, and formed the government for the third time.
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- Fish trader killed in Mirpur road crash
- ‘No existence of media owners without journalists’
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Rain may increase gradually in next 72hrs
- Rains lash India`s northern states, kills 30
- Cabinet’s meeting after 7wks
- ‘Allahar Dal’s ameer among 4 ‘militants’ held
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna