AL’s initiative to curb Coronavirus
Published: 04:44 PM, 31 March 2020 Updated: 04:53 PM, 31 March 2020
Bangladesh Awami League Logo
Bangladesh Awami League has taken various initiatives in addition to the government's measures to curb the spread of coronavirus in the country.
As part of these programs, Awami League has distributed coronavirus awareness leaflets, free masks, sanitizers, soap among mass people.
Besides, under the directives of Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, Awami League and its subordinate organizations have taken field-level works to raise public awareness over coronavirus.
Coronavirus has spread to over 200 country and territory and infected about 800,000 people worldwide, according to worldometer. Of them, 582,292 are currently being treated with 29,488 being in serious or critical condition. So far, 203,420 cases had outcomes and of them, 165,606 (81 per cent) recovered.
The general secretary of the party, Obaidul Quader, formally launched the program by handing over a handbill to Dhaka metropolitan leaders in Dhanmondi on March 21.
At that time, Obaidul Quader instructed leaders to work in all over the country. Earlier, on March 17, coronavirus related materials were distributed to the sub-committee of Awami League's relief committee in the Capital's Azimpur area on the birth anniversary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
In addition, Corona Resistance was distributed in the capital under the leadership of Delwar Hossain, Secretary of Forest and Environment Affairs of the Awami League. The sub-committee on forest and environment has been conducting the activities in various places of the country.
Also, leaders of all levels of the Awami League are distributing rice, oil, pulses, soap among the poor people of the country among the poor, landless and day-labourers.
Besides the capital Dhaka, the party has directed the grassroots leaders to prevent coronavirus at the village-union-Upazila and District level. Along with the government, the Awami League is also monitoring the rumours about Coronavirus so that no one can create panic in public.
Mohammad Nasim, a member of the Awami League praesidium and a spokesperson for the central party, said, "Our party is campaigning extensively across the country to raise awareness about the Coronavirus." Masks, hand sanitizers and various types of snacks are also being distributed.
Meanwhile, Awami League affiliates Chhatra League, Jubo League and others are also working to prevent Coronavirus. They are running digital campaigns to create awareness among mass people.
Bangladesh Awami Swechasebak League general secretary Afzalur Rahman Babu said the awareness leaflets were being distributed by the organization to resistant Coronavirus.
Jubo League general secretary Mainul Hossain Khan Nikhil said that leaders of Jubo League across the country have taken to the field to raise public awareness about the coronavirus. We are working to make people aware. At the same time giving a free mask. These activities will continue until the elimination of the coronavirus.
Chhatra League president Al Nahyan Khan Joy said the Chhatra League is working to create public awareness over Coronavirus. At the same time, we are keeping a watchful eye so that no one can create rumours.
- Libya killings: Case filed against 38 people
- Biden accuses Trump of trafficking in ‘resentment and fear’
- DU goes for online classes
- 2 girls commit suicide after failing in SSC exam
- Fierce protests in US: 3 protesters killed, 5 policemen shot
- 30 more test COVID-19 positive in Faridpur
- 3 of a family killed in Sirajganj road crash
- 9 including two nurses contract COVID-19 in Shariatpur
- Another policeman dies from coronavirus
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Illegal structures on govt canal
- SP greet 10 policemen after overcoming COVID-19 in Cumilla
- Bangladesh reports 1st Rohingya death in COVID-19 infection
- 3 incl lawyer, policeman die in Ctg
- PCR lab set up in Sheikh Fazilatunnessa hospital
- 90s popular musician Biplob now a taxi driver
- Abdul Halim named BSEC commissioner
- Fire at United Hospital: HC seeks report by Jun 14
- House owner fined as Aedes larvae found in building under-const
- 10 more UP chairmen-members suspended
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000