AL’s Atiqul takes big lead in DNCC polls
Published: 09:43 PM, 28 February 2019
Awami League nominated mayoral candidate Atiqul Islam has taken lead with a big margin of vote in the Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) by-election.
Atiqul bagged 304,054 votes in 505 centers out of total 1,295 while his nearest contestant Jatiya Party leader Shafin Ahmed got 11,868 votes, Returning Officer Abul Kashem announced the partial result from Bangabandhu International Conference Centre.
The turnout of voters in the 505 polling centers was around 27.89 per cent, the returning officer said.
The five mayoral candidates -- Awami League's Atiqul Islam (Boat), Jatiya Party's Shafin Ahmed (Plough), NPP's Anisur Rahman (Mango) and PDP's Shahin Khan (Tiger) and independent runner Abdur Rahim (Table Clock) -- took part in the election.
After casting his vote at Manarat International School centre, Singer Shafin Ahmed, brought allegation of irregularities in voting but did not specify anything about his allegation.
He told the reporters that he would come his formal reaction the after ending the voting.
The voting that began at 8:00 am ended at 4:00pm today. The mayoral post fell vacant after former mayor Annisul Huq passed away on November 30, 2017.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar