AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
Published: 10:32 PM, 21 July 2019
Awami League is preparing for the by-polls of recently vacant Rangpur-3 constituency seat. Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Joint General Secretary of Awami League, ordered the leaders and activists of the party to work for it.
He said this on Saturday afternoon while spoking as a chief guest at three-years anniversary meeting of Rangpur Metropolitan Jubo League in Rangpur Zila School.
Recently dead Jatiya Party Chairman and former President Hussain Muhammad Ershad were the Member of Parlament (MP) of this seat.
Jahangir Kabir Nanak said, If BNP & Jamat get chance, they could halt independence, sovereignty, progress, development and peace of the country. That’s why resistance has to be developed against these two evil force. So, he urges to the leaders and the activists to prevent them by organizing power and winning people’s heart.
Criticizing BNP Secretary Generel Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, Nanak said, he is lying by saying that the government is not taking any step for North Bengal flood.
He said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina ordered the authority and the party leaders and activists to stand by the flood-affected people. They are working for that.
Jubo League General Secretary Harunur Rashid, Awami League Rangpur-5 MP HN Ashikur Rahman, Rangpur-2 MP Duke Chowdhury, Rangpur Metropolitan Awami League President Safia Rahman, General Secretary Tushar Kanti Mandal, and other leaders were present in the meeting.
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna