AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
Published: 09:26 PM, 22 June 2019 Updated: 09:43 PM, 22 June 2019
The three words 'Bangabandhu, Liberation and Awami League' are beaded in history of Bangladesh. Awami League, the oldest political organization formed by Bangabandhu, is going to mark it's 70th anniversary. In the sub-continent politics, they have proved their essentiality for almost seven decades, the democratically born party. And so the Awami League wants to keep it's anniversary event a memorable one.
Prime Minister and Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina today greeted the countrymen on the occasion of AL’s 70th founding anniversary saying the party along with the people would build a hunger-poverty free, happy and prosperous Sonar Bangla as dreamt by Bangabandhu.
“On this day I recall with respect the greatest Bengali of all time, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. I recall Awami League’s founder president Maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhasani and general secretary, Shamsul Haque. I recall with respect Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy,” she said in a message issued marking the anniversary.
On the occasion of the 70th founding anniversary of Awami League, Party's joint general secretary Abdur Rahman said, we want to keep this year's anniversary celebration a memorable one. For this mission work is being done and instructions for grassroots activists have been sent. From the grassroots to the center, all the offices will be decorated in a new way.
If Bangabandhu did not born, there would not be independent Bangladesh. So all the activists urged to know the political history of Bangabandhu well.
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader said at a press conference that the anniversary of establishment of Awami League in all district-upazila will be observed throughout the month. The program will be celebrated from 23 June to 23 July. Among the programs, meetings, assembly, seminars and rallies, discussion meetings, publicity and pamphlets, essay competitions and illustrations.
He said that three days program has been taken in Dhaka. The programs are - National and party flag hoisting at Bangabandhu Bhaban and central office on 23 June morning on the establishment anniversary. Then the central leaders of the party will honor the portrait of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in Dhanmondi under the leadership of Awami League President Sheikh Hasina.
The meeting will be held at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center on June 24, and the ceremony will be held on June 24 and the general secretary of the party's central office will be held on June 25 at Bangabandhu Avenue.
Awami League Organizing Secretary Bahauddin Nasim said that Awami League was democratically born because of Bangabandhu. Programs have been taken for months to ensure that the people of the country could know better about that memorable day. Awami League wants to keep the day memorable.
Awami League was established on June 23 in 1949 at “Rose Garden” on K M Das Lane in Dhaka and the history of the AL is closely linked with the people’s struggle for realizing their rights.
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- Mysterious ship washes up Irish coast
- Diamond Princess passengers disembark after quarantine ends
- 6 girls injured after tree falls in Noakhali
- FIFA cancels planed meeting due to coronavirus
- Walton to export smartphones in US
- Padma Bridge rail route being connected with Trans-Asian network
- Match officials for Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series
- TCB preparing for Ramadan
- Tomato to get immaculate skin
- Mashrafe’s farewell after BAN vs ZIM series!
- Bangladesh to take on Pakistan tomorrow
- ‘Problems can be solved by forming joint working group’
- Mehazabien comes with new look
- SC bar association polls on March 11,12
- AL local government nomination board meets today
- Video of principal’s dance in Hindi songs goes viral
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Soumya to get married this month
- Soumya with future wife
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Good news to honey farmers
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Coronavirus: Chinese hospitals discharge 4,740 recovered patients
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation