AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
Published: 09:26 PM, 22 June 2019 Updated: 09:43 PM, 22 June 2019
The three words 'Bangabandhu, Liberation and Awami League' are beaded in history of Bangladesh. Awami League, the oldest political organization formed by Bangabandhu, is going to mark it's 70th anniversary. In the sub-continent politics, they have proved their essentiality for almost seven decades, the democratically born party. And so the Awami League wants to keep it's anniversary event a memorable one.
Prime Minister and Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina today greeted the countrymen on the occasion of AL’s 70th founding anniversary saying the party along with the people would build a hunger-poverty free, happy and prosperous Sonar Bangla as dreamt by Bangabandhu.
“On this day I recall with respect the greatest Bengali of all time, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. I recall Awami League’s founder president Maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhasani and general secretary, Shamsul Haque. I recall with respect Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy,” she said in a message issued marking the anniversary.
On the occasion of the 70th founding anniversary of Awami League, Party's joint general secretary Abdur Rahman said, we want to keep this year's anniversary celebration a memorable one. For this mission work is being done and instructions for grassroots activists have been sent. From the grassroots to the center, all the offices will be decorated in a new way.
If Bangabandhu did not born, there would not be independent Bangladesh. So all the activists urged to know the political history of Bangabandhu well.
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader said at a press conference that the anniversary of establishment of Awami League in all district-upazila will be observed throughout the month. The program will be celebrated from 23 June to 23 July. Among the programs, meetings, assembly, seminars and rallies, discussion meetings, publicity and pamphlets, essay competitions and illustrations.
He said that three days program has been taken in Dhaka. The programs are - National and party flag hoisting at Bangabandhu Bhaban and central office on 23 June morning on the establishment anniversary. Then the central leaders of the party will honor the portrait of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in Dhanmondi under the leadership of Awami League President Sheikh Hasina.
The meeting will be held at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center on June 24, and the ceremony will be held on June 24 and the general secretary of the party's central office will be held on June 25 at Bangabandhu Avenue.
Awami League Organizing Secretary Bahauddin Nasim said that Awami League was democratically born because of Bangabandhu. Programs have been taken for months to ensure that the people of the country could know better about that memorable day. Awami League wants to keep the day memorable.
Awami League was established on June 23 in 1949 at “Rose Garden” on K M Das Lane in Dhaka and the history of the AL is closely linked with the people’s struggle for realizing their rights.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN