11th Parliamentary election
AL starts giving final nominations to party, alliances candidates
Published: 07:51 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 09:19 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League has started giving the letters of final nomination to the candidates of the party and the grand alliance who will contest in the 11th parliamentary elections with ‘boat’, the electoral symbol of AL.
The ruling party also declared its single candidates for 17 constituencies where it gave nominations to more than one aspirants earlier.
Among those, Awami League former general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam was finalized for Kishoreganj-1 constituency while Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury for Rangpur-6.
AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader today announced the names of the final nominees of the party at AL president’s political office in city’s Dhanmondi. At the function, Quader handed over the final nomination letters to alliances partners.
The final nominees of AL are – Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury (Rangpur-6), Syed Ashraful Islam (Kishoreganj-1), Habibur Rahman Molla (Dhaka-5), Hazi Md Selim (Dhaka-7), Akbar Hossain Pathan Faruque (Dhaka-17), Dr Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir (Chandpur-1), Md Nurul Amin (Chandpur-2), Muhammad Shafiqur Rahman (Chandpur-4), AKM Shahjahan Kamal (Laxmipur-3), BM Kabirul Haque (Narail-1), Direndra Debnath Shambhu (Barguna-1), ASM Firoz (Patuakhali-2), Tanvir Hossain alias Chota Manir (Tangail-2), Md Mozaffar Hossain (Jamalpur-5) and Abul Kalam Azad (Jamalpur-1).
Earlier, Awami League gave nominations two candidates in those constituencies each.
Quader, also the road transport and bridges minister, said Jatiya Party (Ershad) will get 40 to 42 seats.
The ruling party kept five constituencies for Workers Party of Bangladesh, three constituencies for Juktofront, three for Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) faction led by Hasanul Haque Inu, two for Tarikat Federation, one for Ambia-led JSD faction, two for Jatiya Party (Manju).
The alliances nominees are – JSD (Ambia) Moinuddin Khan Badal (Chattogram-8), Jatiya Party (JP) Ruhul Amin (Kurigram-4), Anowar Hossain Manju (Pirojpur-2) Syed Nazibul Bashar Maijbhandari (Chattogram-2), FM Shahin (Moulavibazar-2) Major (Retd) MA Mannan (Laxmipur-4), Mahi B Chowdhury (Munsiganj-1), Shirin Akther (Feni-1), Rezaul Karim Tansen (Bogra-4), Hasanul Haque Inu (Kustia-2), Rashed Khan Menon (Dhaka-8), Fazle Hossain Badsha (Rajshahi-2) and Mostafa Lutfullha (Satkhira-1).
- Woman commits suicide after poisoning 2 children
- Motorcyclist killed in Manikganj road crash
- Papua New Guinea PM Peter O`Neill resigns
- Two killed as covered van hits pickup
- England, Australia to play WC Warm Up today
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Shakib on the brink of another milestone
- Mozammel to join Modi’s oath ceremony
- Iraq sentences 3 Frenchmen to death
- PM to leave home for 12-day tour Tuesday
- Miraz vows to cover up Tigers’ lack of leg-spinner
- Don`t want to see BRTC bankrupt: Quader
- Mahathir expected to visit Bangladesh at ‘year-end’
- Bangladesh-Japan to sign $2.5 bl ODA
- Habitual coffee drinkers really do wake up and smell coffee
- Study predicts shift to smaller animals over next century
- Exotic matter uncovered in the sun`s atmosphere
- PBI proves ex-Sonagazi OC `fault` in DSA
- Modi to take oath on Thursday
- IGP calls for increasing security ahead of Eid
- Bangladesh`s warm-up abandoned due to rain
- JS body urge to complete “Swadhinata Stambha” soon
- Eid Jamaat at 8:30 am
- 6 hours’ road reduced to 1.5 hour
- Hasan urges BNP not to do ‘ill politics’ over Khaleda’s health
- EC, Local Govt Division get new secretaries
- Cannes 2019: All the winners and losers of this year`s festival
- 72nd Cannes film festival winners at a glance
- Magnitude 8 earthquake strikes Peru
- Historical Conquest of Mecca
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Archer named in England World Cup squad
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Mango bean to control diabetes
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- 4 of a family killed in gas cylinder blast