11th Parliamentary election
AL starts giving final nominations to party, alliances candidates
Published: 07:51 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 09:19 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League has started giving the letters of final nomination to the candidates of the party and the grand alliance who will contest in the 11th parliamentary elections with ‘boat’, the electoral symbol of AL.
The ruling party also declared its single candidates for 17 constituencies where it gave nominations to more than one aspirants earlier.
Among those, Awami League former general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam was finalized for Kishoreganj-1 constituency while Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury for Rangpur-6.
AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader today announced the names of the final nominees of the party at AL president’s political office in city’s Dhanmondi. At the function, Quader handed over the final nomination letters to alliances partners.
The final nominees of AL are – Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury (Rangpur-6), Syed Ashraful Islam (Kishoreganj-1), Habibur Rahman Molla (Dhaka-5), Hazi Md Selim (Dhaka-7), Akbar Hossain Pathan Faruque (Dhaka-17), Dr Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir (Chandpur-1), Md Nurul Amin (Chandpur-2), Muhammad Shafiqur Rahman (Chandpur-4), AKM Shahjahan Kamal (Laxmipur-3), BM Kabirul Haque (Narail-1), Direndra Debnath Shambhu (Barguna-1), ASM Firoz (Patuakhali-2), Tanvir Hossain alias Chota Manir (Tangail-2), Md Mozaffar Hossain (Jamalpur-5) and Abul Kalam Azad (Jamalpur-1).
Earlier, Awami League gave nominations two candidates in those constituencies each.
Quader, also the road transport and bridges minister, said Jatiya Party (Ershad) will get 40 to 42 seats.
The ruling party kept five constituencies for Workers Party of Bangladesh, three constituencies for Juktofront, three for Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) faction led by Hasanul Haque Inu, two for Tarikat Federation, one for Ambia-led JSD faction, two for Jatiya Party (Manju).
The alliances nominees are – JSD (Ambia) Moinuddin Khan Badal (Chattogram-8), Jatiya Party (JP) Ruhul Amin (Kurigram-4), Anowar Hossain Manju (Pirojpur-2) Syed Nazibul Bashar Maijbhandari (Chattogram-2), FM Shahin (Moulavibazar-2) Major (Retd) MA Mannan (Laxmipur-4), Mahi B Chowdhury (Munsiganj-1), Shirin Akther (Feni-1), Rezaul Karim Tansen (Bogra-4), Hasanul Haque Inu (Kustia-2), Rashed Khan Menon (Dhaka-8), Fazle Hossain Badsha (Rajshahi-2) and Mostafa Lutfullha (Satkhira-1).
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- Transplantation of boro paddy seedling gets momentum
- NASA greenlights SpaceX crew capsule test to ISS
- Two killed in Pekua clash
- We are on a rise as a team: Hetmyer
- UN Secy General condoles deaths in Chawkbazar fire
- Sadman, Riyad, Miraz strikes fifty in warm-up
- 7 drug traders among 30 held in Dinajpur
- Village doctor shot dead in Teknaf
- Dry weather with partly cloudy sky likely
- ‘Chemical godowns not removed despite drives is regretful’
- 1,482 bottles of Phensidyl recovered in Jashore
- Father, son among 4 killed in road crashes
- Sudan President declares year-long state of emergency
- PM at burn unit of DMCH
- 50 die after drinking poisonous liquor in India
- 5 decades of Bangabandhu title
- PM to visit Chawkbazar fire victims at DMCH today
- La Liga: Barcelona to face Sevilla tonight
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- Evidence of ‘chemical’ connection to Churihatta fire found
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire