AL reveals chairman candidates for 4th phase UZ polls
Published: 02:20 PM, 2 March 2019 Updated: 02:34 PM, 2 March 2019
The ruling Awami League has announced the names of chairman candidates for the 4th phase of Upazila Parishad polls in 122 upazilas scheduled to be held on March 31.
The name of candidates was finalized at a meeting of AL Local Government Nomination Board, held at the party’s President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s residence Ganobhaban on Friday, said an AL release.
Sheikh Hasina, also President of AL Local Government Nomination Board, chaired the meeting.
The Election Commission (EC) on February 20 announced the schedule for holding elections to 122 Upazila Parishads of 16 districts in the fourth phase on March 31.
According to the election schedule, the deadline for submission of nomination papers is March 4, while the date for scrutiny of nomination papers is March 6 and the last date for withdrawal of candidature is March 13.
The 122 upazilas include 7 upazilas in Patuakhali district, 6 in Bhola, 5 in Barguna, 7 in Pirojpur, 8 in Jashore, 9 in Khulna, 9 in Bagerhat, 12 in Mymensingh, 6 in Munshiganj, 3 in Narayanganj, 5 in Dhaka, 12 in Tangail, 13 in Cumilla, 7 in Noakhali, 7 in Brahmanbaria and 6 upazilasin Feni district.
Earlier, the EC announced the election schedules for the first three phases.
As per the schedules, 87 upazilas will go to the polls on March 10 in the first phase, while 129 upazilas on March 18 in the second phase and 127 upazilas on March 24 in the third phase.
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- Zimbabwe inept to pay hotel rent!
- World’s ‘smallest’ mosque located in Bangladesh!
- RAB surrounds Kalabagan Krira Chakra
- Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bat
- Supreme Court to rule next week on UK parliament suspension
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test tomorrow
- Elephant panic on Bakshiganj border
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU admission test begins
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight