AL fields 281 candidates, BNP 696
Published: 09:32 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 09:59 AM, 30 November 2018
Awami League has fielded a total of 281 candidates in 264 constituencies while BNP 696 in 295 constituencies across the country to contest the 11th parliamentary elections.
Election Commission Secretary Helaluddin Ahmed came up with the statistics at a press briefing on Thursday night.
He said all the 39 registered political parties fielded candidates in the election slated for December 30.
"A total of 281 AL-nominated candidates submitted the nomination papers in 264 constituencies, while 696 from Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) in 295 constituencies," he said.
Besides, HM Ershad-led Jatiya Party fielded 233 candidates and Islamic Andolan Bangladesh 299 to contest the general election, he said.
A total of 3,065 candidates submitted the nomination papers within the deadline that expired on Wednesday to run the electoral race, said the EC Secretary.
Among other aspirants, 498 independent candidates submitted the nomination papers in various constituencies across the country.
- Walking beyond political obstacles, challenges
- President, PM mourns death of Prof Muzaffar Ahmed
- Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United to play tonight
- Ivy Rahman`s 15th death anniv today
- Brazil sends army to tackle Amazon blazes
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- US-China trade war: Trump imposes furious tariff
- Nuclear Titanic: 1st Russ seaborne NPP
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- Hesson, Katich join IPL’s Bangalore franchise
- Prof Muzaffar Ahmed passes away
- 2 killed in Ctg road crash
- Bangladesh-Argentina agree to increase trade
- Life of Brian: Most blasphemous film ever
- France-Brazil deal halted over Amazon fires
- England 67 all out in third Ashes Test
- Seaside dam-road collapsed: No reform in 7 yrs
- 200 examiners to miss exam papers evaluation in Rajshahi
- Problems in rotting jute
- Amazon fires a global crisis says Macron
- President for communal harmony to attain development
- US-Russia trade barbs at UN over ‘new arms race’
- Language Movement veteran Dr MA Gafur dies
- Malta cultivation in Gauripur
- Six-year-old YouTube star buys $6.5mn property
- Bangladesh beat Bhutan by 5-2 in SAFF U-15 tie
- Ivy Rahman`s 15th death anniv tomorrow
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- A new milestone for Purnima
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- PEC exam schedule published
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- World Mosquito Day today
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites