AL fields 281 candidates, BNP 696
Published: 09:32 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 09:59 AM, 30 November 2018
Awami League has fielded a total of 281 candidates in 264 constituencies while BNP 696 in 295 constituencies across the country to contest the 11th parliamentary elections.
Election Commission Secretary Helaluddin Ahmed came up with the statistics at a press briefing on Thursday night.
He said all the 39 registered political parties fielded candidates in the election slated for December 30.
"A total of 281 AL-nominated candidates submitted the nomination papers in 264 constituencies, while 696 from Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) in 295 constituencies," he said.
Besides, HM Ershad-led Jatiya Party fielded 233 candidates and Islamic Andolan Bangladesh 299 to contest the general election, he said.
A total of 3,065 candidates submitted the nomination papers within the deadline that expired on Wednesday to run the electoral race, said the EC Secretary.
Among other aspirants, 498 independent candidates submitted the nomination papers in various constituencies across the country.
- Night temperature may rise slightly
- Bangladeshi killed in Belgium road crash
- Shaheed Titumir’s birthday today
- Rockets hit US embassy in Iraq
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Bangladesh meet Pakistan in 3rd T20 today
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 80
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse
- Rohingya genocide: ICJ to announce verdict today