Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
Published: 09:26 PM, 24 June 2019
Stocks today witnessed flat with falling trend of most of the major price indices at Dhaka and Chittagong Stock Exchanges despite higher transactions.
The day’s trade value at the DSE increased to Taka 378.15 crore from Sunday’s Taka 338.20 crore and the daily trade also rose to 12.45 crore hare from 10.05 crore share of the previous session.
The broader DSEX of the DSE closed the day with 4.74 points up at 5,379.15. The blue-chip DS30 and the Shariah DSES also closed the same trend with 2.90 point up at 1,893.82 and with 1.38 points down at 1,230.04.
At the DSE, prices of 155 securities out of the day’s 352 closed higher against 156 losing issues.
The major gaining issues were SEMLFBSLGF, 1STPRIMFMF, PF1STMF, EBLNRBMF and PHPMF1 while the major losing issues were PLFSL, RNSPIN, Eastern Insurance, Meghan Condensed Milk and United Air.
UPGDCL topped the turnover list followed by JMISMDL, BSC, National Polymer and RN Spinning.
The Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) closed the day of the week with downward trend with its major CASPI 38.22 points down at 16,470.98.
At the CSE, 269 issues traded while 106 closed higher against 118 closed lower when 2.52 crore shares worth Taka 79.28 crore changed hands.
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Bogura-6 by-election underway
- Death toll rises to 5 in Kulaura train crash
- Pirate leader killed in gunfight
- "Huge" blast rocks military hospital in Pakistan
- Tigers face Afghanistan today
- Train crash: 4-member probe committee formed
- Four killed in Kulaura train crash
- Pakistan condemn woeful South Africa to WC exit
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia