ACC questioning 6 AB bank directors
Published: 01:19 PM, 7 January 2018 Updated: 05:06 PM, 7 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on Sunday has questioning six Directors of Arab Bangladesh Bank (AB) over $ 20 million money laundering scam which took place in 2014.
Assistant Director (Public Relations) of ACC Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya said that the graft watchdog started the interrogating them in this morning as per a fixed schedule.
ACC asked current directors Syed Afzal Hasan Uddin, Shishir Ranjan Bose and Mesbahul Hoque and former directors Faheemul Huq, Anwar Jamil Siddiqui and Runa Zakia Shahrood Khan to appear before the commission’s Segunbagicha headquarter between 9:00am to 10:30am.
On the other hand a businessman named Shaiful Islam also quizzed. On January 1, a notice was asked to appear for interrogation.
ACC earlier quizzed AB Bank’s former chairman M Wahidul Haque, former managi ng directors M Fazlur Rahman and Shamim Ahmed Chaudhury and former head of treasury Abu Hena Mustafa Kamal for their alleged involvement in the money laundering.
ACC Director Sayed Iqbal Hossain and Assistant Director Gulshan Anowar Pradhan are inquiring the matter.
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- World Mosquito Day today