ACC not responsible for Jahalam ordeal
Published: 01:29 PM, 5 March 2019
The Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) is not responsible for three years jail sentence for Jahalam, the ACC told in the High Court’s report.
On Tuesday morning, the ACC has submitted the report to the High Court.
In the report, it is saying that Jahalam jailed for nearly three years in the 33 cases on charges of Sonali Bank fraud, which was around Tk 18.5 crore.
But the main accused in the case is Salek. Jahalam was present in the court along with three years in jail. He is a jute mill worker in profession.
After the report published in the media, it got the Supreme Court’s attention and the release of Jahalam was started.
On February 4, Jahalam was released from Kashimpur jail.
The ACC submitted the report to the High Court bench of Justice FRM Nazmul Ahasan and Justice KM Kamrul Kader on Tuesday morning, whether the ACC has any liability in this case.
The bench will hold hearing on the matter on Wednesday, ACC lawyer Khurshid Alam told the media after submitting the report.
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- No students passed in 41 colleges
- US bans Myanmar army chief over Rohingya ‘ethnic cleansing’
- Death toll climbs to 5 after quake in eastern Indonesia
- Quader’s follow-up checkup after surgery completed
- This years’ results good, acceptable: PM
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Worker died as fell down from Rooppur Project’s const building
- How to get HSC result
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Technical Board attains 82.62pc pass rate
- Madrasah Board attains 88.56pc pass rate
- 47,286 gets GPA-5
- Pass rate 73.93 pc
- HSC results handed over to PM
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ today
- 2 drug traders killed in gunfight with BGB
- HSC exam results today
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- DU admission test in new method
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat