ACC not responsible for Jahalam ordeal
Published: 01:29 PM, 5 March 2019
The Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) is not responsible for three years jail sentence for Jahalam, the ACC told in the High Court’s report.
On Tuesday morning, the ACC has submitted the report to the High Court.
In the report, it is saying that Jahalam jailed for nearly three years in the 33 cases on charges of Sonali Bank fraud, which was around Tk 18.5 crore.
But the main accused in the case is Salek. Jahalam was present in the court along with three years in jail. He is a jute mill worker in profession.
After the report published in the media, it got the Supreme Court’s attention and the release of Jahalam was started.
On February 4, Jahalam was released from Kashimpur jail.
The ACC submitted the report to the High Court bench of Justice FRM Nazmul Ahasan and Justice KM Kamrul Kader on Tuesday morning, whether the ACC has any liability in this case.
The bench will hold hearing on the matter on Wednesday, ACC lawyer Khurshid Alam told the media after submitting the report.
- Bangladeshis should be proud of their soldiers: Antonio Guterres
- Former SCC mayor Kamran tests positive for COVID-19
- Natore reports three new COVID-19 patients
- Dr. Nahid brought to Suhrawardy Hospital
- 29 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Fiji declares itself Coronavirus-free
- Foreign currency reserve, annual remittances hit record highs
- Qatar completes third World Cup stadium
- Coronavirus is ‘weakening’, now claims US doctors
- Govt to recruit 3,000 medical technologists-technicians
- COVID-19 cases reached 1281 in Cumilla
- Youths in country mostly infected with coronavirus
- Electrician dies falling from under-construction building
- 123 officials get promoted as joint secretaries
- Don Dawood Ibrahim and his wife infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Cox’s Bazar declared as country’s first ‘red zone’
- Bank official among 3 of a family hacked in Pabna, bodies found 3 days later
- ‘Environment care would have made easier to combat virus’
- Shechwashebak League leader killed in Bogura
- Gazipur coronavirus cases surpass 1,500
- New routine for secondary classes on TV released
- Four families placed under lockdown in Brahmanbaria
- 3 killed, 7 injured in knife attack at China supermarket
- Tea seller anxious despite his son gets GPA-5
- Consumers suffering in ‘spooky electricity bills’
- India breaks all records of COVID-19 cases in a day
- Sherpur reports six new coronavirus infected cases
- Schoolboy`s body found in pond
- Charging extra fare is breach of promise: Quader
- 5 day labourers missing as boat capsize in Padma
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- COVID-19: Over 9,000 people recovered in country
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day