ACC investigating fraudulent over Tk 5 crore on RCC
Published: 07:42 PM, 22 April 2018
The Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) has been investigating the allegations of fraudulent over Tk five crore against Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC).
Two tenders have alleged that the money was removed by the high bidder for the order. In the meantime, RCC has been sent a letter asking for tender documents. A source in RCC confirmed the matter.
When contacted, RCC director Abdul Aziz Bhuiyan said, "I am outside. It can be said at the office. But the matter is being investigated. `
According to RCC sources, a tender was invited in two groups for construction of roads and drains under the project titled `Development of various important roads of Rajshahi city` in 30 wards of the city. The tender was called on December 27 last.
The last date for submitting the tender was January 25. Contrary to this tender in two groups, five tenders were submitted. Among the lowest bidders were UDC JV, a contracting firm. Another company named RAB RC Private Limited, Rajshahi gave the second lowest bid. But none of them was given the works. The work was given to the high bidder Mir Akhtar. As a result, RCC will have to pay at least Tk five crore to get extra work.
RCC sources also said without getting the work, the ACC alleged that the deprived contractors. Then the ACC named in the investigation. Recently, on behalf of the ACC, RCC has been sent a letter seeking tenders papers. The documents will be sent to the ACC in two days.
Meanwhile, our Rajshahi correspondent tried to contact with RCC Mayor Mosaddek Hossain Bulbul. However, Rasik`s chief engineer Ashraful Haque said, "I have not agreed to comment on the ACC investigation."
But he said there was no irregularity in the tender. High bidder Mir Akhtar has been given the job for better work. There was some shortage of experience in lower bidders; So the work was not given to them.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties