AC Milan knock out Torino to reach Coppa Italia semis
Published: 11:02 AM, 29 January 2020 Updated: 12:01 PM, 29 January 2020
AC Milan knocked out Torino FC 4-2 in the third Coppa Italia quarterfinal on Tuesday night and booked their place in the semi-finals of the tournament.
The last night's match, held at Giuseppe Meazza Stadium, commonly known as San Siro, in the northern city of Milan - was preceded by a tribute to late US basketball legend Kobe Bryant, who lived in Italy as a child and who died in a helicopter crash on Jan 26. Players from both sides took to the field with back armbands in a sign of mourning for Bryant, who was a Rossoneri supporter.
Milan midfielder Giacomo Bonaventura scored the first goal 12 minutes from kick-off, putting Torino against the ropes psychologically after a disastrous Serie A match that saw it lose to Atalanta 0-7 on January 25.
However, the Granata side remained undaunted, making a comeback with a goal by Gleison Bremer in the 34th minute. The 23-year-old Brazilian defender, who made his Serie A debut with Torino in 2018, followed this up in the second half with a header in the 71st minute.
Just when all seemed lost for the Rossoneri, midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu evened the score with a goal one minute into 5 minutes of extra time. The match ran into overtime, and Calhanoglu scored again at the 106th minute. Two minutes later, teammate Zlatan Ibrahimovic cinched Milan’s victory with a fourth goal.
Milan will face Juventus in one of the two Coppa Italia semi-finals after Juve bested Roma 3-1 on January 21. Inter face Fiorentina in the last quarter-final on January 29, also at San Siro in Milan. The winner of that match will face Napoli, which knocked out Lazio 1-0 on January 22.
The semifinals are slated for February and March, with the final to be played May 13.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks